Windows 10: Windows Defender or Norton

Discus and support Windows Defender or Norton in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Should I stay with windows defender or go with Norton?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Advenger04, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Windows Defender or Norton

Should I stay with windows defender or go with Norton?

:)

Advenger04, Feb 8, 2020

2. Norton or Windows Defender?

This suggests that your install of Norton is not in good shape. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, contact Norton support.

-steve

Stephen Boots, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Wonazer Win User
    Norton or Windows Defender?

This suggests that your install of Norton is not in good shape. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, contact Norton support.

-steve

Fair enough. I hadn't restarted the laptop after the install. Everything is running fine now.

Wonazer, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender or Norton

Windows Antivirus enabled Norton Antivirus disabled?

Assuming you've got Norton installed...

Two suggestions to try.

I use Malwarebytes Free (also have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) with Windows Defender and there are no conflicts.

But you may want to seek advice from Norton about using Malwarebytes products concurrently with Norton programs

Regards...

Le Boule, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender or Norton

1. Windows Defender or Norton - Similar Threads - Defender Norton

2. Can I run norton 360 deluxe with windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run norton 360 deluxe with windows defender?: So just purchased norton 360 deluxe, in windows security it states it has disabled itself, however all the reputation settings are still active, as I'm not really sure about antivirus software etc, should I disable the settings in reputation based also and just let norton do...
  3. Can I run norton 360 deluxe with windows defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I run norton 360 deluxe with windows defender?: So just purchased norton 360 deluxe, in windows security it states it has disabled itself, however all the reputation settings are still active, as I'm not really sure about antivirus software etc, should I disable the settings in reputation based also and just let norton do...
  4. Windows Defender blocking download.Is switched OFF Norton is ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender blocking download.Is switched OFF Norton is ON: Using win11 on a Surface Pro 7. Have the latest version of Norton operating and have tried switching of off Defender but problem is still there. When I attempt to download a file to flash my Zorro RC Transmitter Defender is preventing me from opening it. Message is" File is...
  5. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off: Hi, I want to write about subject matter, I see that both are off and I cannot make it on one of them also. I have been to web site of Windows and I found the same problem and the solution, I tried all of three and nothing work. Any other solution please? I am using Windows...
  6. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off: Hi, I want to write about subject matter, I see that both are off and I cannot make it on one of them also. I have been to web site of Windows and I found the same problem and the solution, I tried all of three and nothing work. Any other solution please? I am using Windows...
  7. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

8. Microsoft Defender Detects PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in the Norton Installer file

Microsoft Defender Detects PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in the Norton Installer file: Hi AllI got a threat warning by microsoft defender saying that "PUA:Win32/CoinMiner" was detected. I was downloading norton security when this happened. I had just factory reset this computer and logged onto it a day ago I factory reset it a couple of days back and signed...
  9. Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.

Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.: Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now but PC has not been right since the first of the year so I'm thinking of uninstalling it....
  10. Why turn on App & browser control by Windows Defender when Norton Internet Security is...

Why turn on App & browser control by Windows Defender when Norton Internet Security is...: I have installed Norton Internet Security in my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Workstation version; naturally it turns off the built-in Windows Defender software, which is no longer necessary for protecting the workstation.Yet, I am advised by Windows 10 "Security at a...