Windows 10: Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee

Discus and support Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; refuses to allow access for mcafee [Original Title: defender]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelLowe7, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee

refuses to allow access for mcafee

[Original Title: defender]

:)

MichaelLowe7, Jan 3, 2020

2. Conflict between McAfee and Windows Defender

Did you ask McAfee support (McAfee) and/or in their forum (McAfee Support Community)?

Try to

In case Windows Defender is still not disabled after doing the above steps, either

disable Windows Defender manually (see the Answer-marked post of GreginMich in

this
    thread)

or

use a REG file (see Option 2 here: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 )

Jsssssssss, Jan 3, 2020
  3. McAfee and Windows Defender

When a different antimalware protection product is installed, Windows Defender is disabled to make sure the two products do not interfere. In other words, McAfee tells Windows that McAfee is now protecting the system, and Windows therefore turns off Windows
    Defender.

There should be an uninstall entry for McAfee if you'd like to remove the trial. Go to Start | Settings | System | Apps & features to find McAfee's entry. Once you click on it, there should be an Uninstall button that'll kick off the uninstall steps.

Regards,

Aaron

This information is provided "AS IS" without warranty, and confers no rights.

Aaron Hulett - Former MSFT, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee

McAfee is preventing Windows Defender from scanning

I couldn't update my windows defender

The first thing when plugged in my new HP Stream windows 10 was connect to the internet BT internet. BT then said install free McAfee virus protection from McAfee, this has taken off or messed up my windows McAffee defender as now it says it needs to scan,
    but can't start "group or resource not in the correct state"

Error codex8007139f

That error code may appear if another AV program is installed and interfering with Windows Defender (WD).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

If you wish to use Windows Defender you should remove McAfee, run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool and restart the computer. See List
    of anti-malware product removal tools

If McAfee was properly installed it should have disabled Windows Defender. If you want to use McAfee do NOT try to enable Windows Defender.

Is Windows Defender The Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

If you need assistance from McAfee they have a good support forum.

https://home.mcafee.com/root/support.aspx

McAfee Support Community

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee

1. Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee - Similar Threads - Defender Prevents Installing

2. Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed: We have McAfee as an Enterprise solution for AV and DLP. We understand when McAfee is installed Windows Defender gets disabled automatically. Day in and out our SOC team sends notification to update Windows Defender though its disabled. I tried and tried with many options for...
  3. Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed: We have McAfee as an Enterprise solution for AV and DLP. We understand when McAfee is installed Windows Defender gets disabled automatically. Day in and out our SOC team sends notification to update Windows Defender though its disabled. I tried and tried with many options for...
  4. Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. McAfee and windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee and windows defender: I have McAfee LiveSave installed on my windows 10 home edition which is taking over the Windows defender firewall. I am trying to add some restrictions in the windows defender firewall inbound policy but it seems to have no effect. I tried blocking port 445 but a netstat...
  6. window defender or mcafee

window defender or mcafee: Hello. I have purchased a new computer that has mcafee installed. I don't want McAfee and prefer Windows defender from the information that I have gathered from the internet. So, can I completely remove MCAfee from my computer and turn on Windows Defender? How do I do this...
  7. Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee

Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee: Will windows 10 DEFENDER automatically be re instated when present McAfee security runs out or will I have to do something to get it back onto my laptop? If so, what action do I take?...
  8. Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation

Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation: I'm constantly running into problems installing new versions of Assimilate Scratch because of idiotic windows defender glitches. Sheer idiocy like not being able to run an installer, even in admin mode. This is unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. Fix the piece of garbage...
  9. Windows 10 defender & McAfee

Windows 10 defender & McAfee: I am running McAfee internet security on windows 10. My question is should windows defender be on as well? I don't seem to be able to switch it off, it just comes back on after a while. I don't seem to get a definitive answer anywhere. 71413
  10. McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender

McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender: I have McAfee LiveSafe. Should I run McAfee LiveSafe plus Windows Defender? Would it be more protective if I used Windows Defender plus some product other than McAfee LiveSafe? Lastly, is it best to use Windows Defender by itself? I asked a very similar question some time...