Windows 10: windows defender real time protection and/or tamper protection turned off many windows 10...

Discus and support windows defender real time protection and/or tamper protection turned off many windows 10... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For the last couple of months, all of the clients I visit that have windows defender have a little yellow marker on the defender shield. Of course they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mama_nerd, Nov 20, 2019.

1. mama_nerd Win User

windows defender real time protection and/or tamper protection turned off many windows 10...

For the last couple of months, all of the clients I visit that have windows defender have a little yellow marker on the defender shield. Of course they just don't seem to notice it, (so I show all items in notification bar when I find it). Sometimes it indicates real time protection is turned off, other times it is "tamper protection" turned off. No big "warning" is shown, just a little yellow mark. So they miss it.

Most of my clients just run windows defender, no other antivirus, though a few have paid Malwarebytes. But i see this on lots of machines, including my own.

This ranges from 1803 thru 1903, and appears to occur after some windows update, but since I see so many people intermittently, I have no way of "tracking" all the occurrences.

My request/hope is that this "turning off" of Windows defender options could be addressed in one of the next patches, so that people are not left unprotected. But more importantly, is this something that is a Known Problem?

:)

mama_nerd, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Tamper protection in 1903?

No. Tamper protection means you can only make changes from within the Windows Security app. You can still turn off real time protection in the Windows Security app while tamper protection is in force.

3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 20, 2019
  4. windows defender real time protection and/or tamper protection turned off many windows 10...

Tamper protection in 1903?

Just upgraded to Windows 10 1903 and have a question regarding the Windows Defender Tamper protection.

If I need to turn off Real Time protection, will I need to turn off Tamper protection first?

win10freak, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

windows defender real time protection and/or tamper protection turned off many windows 10...

1. windows defender real time protection and/or tamper protection turned off many windows 10... - Similar Threads - defender real protection

2. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender: It stated like that. I already removed all work email but still cannot manage my own personal PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-real-time-protection-windows/5164f32f-2733-488a-bebd-9150b3bc3ce1
  3. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender: It stated like that. I already removed all work email but still cannot manage my own personal PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-real-time-protection-windows/5164f32f-2733-488a-bebd-9150b3bc3ce1
  4. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Turning Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection: So i'm trying to do what the title says and basically it seems like it's impossible. Sure i can turn it off in the settings but every time i restart my computer it gets turned back on automatically. I was on windows 1803 a couple of days ago and i was able to simply turn it...
  6. Windows Defender Real Time Protection is Turned Off

Windows Defender Real Time Protection is Turned Off: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Please help me in solving this issue my windows defender real time protection is turned off and not turning on it says this setting can be managed by your administrator only but i'm using my administrator account only as you can see in image please give me...
  7. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  8. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  9. Windows Defenders - Cannot Turn On / Off Real Time Protection

Windows Defenders - Cannot Turn On / Off Real Time Protection: Hi everyone, I need some help regarding windows defender real-time protection. My computer was attacked with a virus when I was installing a program. After the attack, I can't turn on my Windows Defender Real-Time Protection as it is stated that the setting can only be...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10 Windows Defender helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other potentially...