Windows 10: Windows defender recent threat

Discus and support Windows defender recent threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys, I got a threat in my recent scan with Windows defender. In my protection history it says threat removed or restored and the only action... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FinicalEU, May 20, 2020.

1. FinicalEU Win User

Windows defender recent threat

Hi guys,

I got a threat in my recent scan with Windows defender.

In my protection history it says threat removed or restored and the only action I have available is "allow".

Does this mean the threat has been dealt with?

Obviously clicking allow doesn't make much sense to me as I'm unaware where the threat came from.

Just the protection history saying threat removed or restored has me a bit concerned.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

FinicalEU, May 20, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. Ashton Win User
    Suppress "Windows Defender Antivirus did not find any threats..." notification on Windows 10

You can turn off Enhanced Notifications for Windows Defender:

1. Press Windows + i.
    2. Click Update & Security.
    3. From the Update & security sidebar, click Windows Defender.
    4. Scroll to the Enhanced notifications section and select No.

If you do not see Enhanced notifications as an option (likely because you are running Windows 10 15042 or newer), include the following additional steps:

1. Click Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    2. Click Virus & threat protection.
    3. Scroll down and click Change notification settings.
    4. Turn off Receive recent activity and scan results.

This will turn of successful updates and only notify you critical events.

Ashton, May 20, 2020
  4. Windows defender recent threat

Windows Defender Detect threat Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac

Hi.

I encounter that my PC always have notification of Windows Defender that my PC have a threat, this is Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac.

It will happen ALWAYS when i open my PC. It always appear on my notification, but after 10secs it will quarantine this threat.

How to remove this notification/virus on my PC.

I already Scan my PC using of the following:

• Malwarebytes
    • Malwarebytes Adwcleaner

Hope you will help me guys.

Thankyou.

Cedrick Acuario, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender recent threat

1. Windows defender recent threat - Similar Threads - defender recent threat

2. windows defender not removing threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender not removing threat: today windows defender has found a threat with high severity, i clicked on the remove option and clicked "start action", nothing happened; i also tried running some quick scans and a full scan, still nothing. Also tried restarting my laptop but the threat is still...
  3. Windows defender threat

Windows defender threat: This excludeproc.d appears all the time and keeps coming back. How do I remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-threat/dc5f1201-3b62-45bf-b581-7b994a0143a5
  4. Found Threats in Windows Defender

Found Threats in Windows Defender: My windows defender found 4 threats after a full scan and I don't know what to do so I Quick scan it and it said no threats found is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/found-threats-in-windows-defender/b5832adb-1f92-4d2b-90ec-b702e70f2691
  5. current threats windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    current threats windows defender: [ATTACH] HI guys, At one tutorial on youtube I saw that one of the steps was to restore some file from protection history, but at my windows defender I cant find the option to go to protection history. It should be current threats > allowed threats > protection history,...
  6. Recently found a threat from Windows Defender. Paranoid right now.

Recently found a threat from Windows Defender. Paranoid right now.: I have recently downloaded a game from Steam called Pogostuck. At the end of the download, my Windows Defender alerted me a threat. I attached the image of the screen shot. What does this threat mean? It says "Affected items". Does that mean that the file IS the "threat", or...
  7. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS: I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while the threats are still listed and active. I...
  8. Windows Defender Discovered Threat

Windows Defender Discovered Threat: Windows defender discovered threat named PUA:WIN32/Solvusoft marked low. Should I remove this file? The affected file is a setup file for pictures on onedrive....
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus threat

Windows Defender Antivirus threat: How do I delete/resolve this particular threat? Program:Win32/Uwamson/A!ml https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-threat/c6f1db73-53e7-4278-a0dc-c90342f56d68
  10. removing threats with windows defender

removing threats with windows defender: So iv chosen what actions to perform which are to remove and made no action on the threats blocked as i dont want them to be allowed to stay. So how do i tell windows to caring out these actions? Im currently looking under Protection history...