Windows 10: Windows defender saying that my program is a virus

Discus and support Windows defender saying that my program is a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, i want to publish my program to friends or more and for they will can download the program they need to turn off windows defender how can i remove... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by morad_412, Dec 7, 2018.

1. morad_412 Win User

Windows defender saying that my program is a virus

Hi, i want to publish my program to friends or more and for they will can download the program they need to turn off windows defender how can i remove this or do code or something that will download like a regular prgoram.

:)

morad_412, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Phusius Win User

Windows Defender has a red X and says service has stopped, please help

I am on Windows 8, and control panel security says Windows Defender is my anti virus and firewall.

Phusius, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows Defender: Virus & thread protection

There are multiple possible solutions to the issue you have described listed in my previous post...you'll need to do some reading and see what you think may be applicable. If you try one solution and that doesn't work I suggest you try another. Did you
    try option two as suggested in Turn On or Off Windows Defender in Windows 10

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

And you are sure there are no remnants of another AV program that need to be removed?

If you can't fix it then your best option may be to install a third party antivirus program.

Or you can obtain Premium Support (that means it may or may not be free) from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Good luck...

Le Boule, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Windows defender saying that my program is a virus

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender saying that my program is a virus

1. Windows defender saying that my program is a virus - Similar Threads - defender saying program

2. Windows defender Virus Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender Virus Protection: I had uninstalled Third Party Antivirus Software after its validy After that I can not able to switch on Windows Defender Virus Protection . It is showing message your virus and protection is managed by your organization Pl help to restore the setting by switching on...
  3. it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop

it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop: it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop. When I go to settings it says its already on. just wondering what to do? Thanks...
  4. window defender failed to remove virus

window defender failed to remove virus: I had .KRAB extension virus on my computer which couldnt be detected or removed by window defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-protectwindows8_1/window-defender-failed-to-remove-virus/f47a25bd-e243-408c-8235-e8aaa4598a0a
  5. Windows anti-virus saying actions recommended.

Windows anti-virus saying actions recommended.: Windows anti-virus saying actions recommended. But I don't know what it's talking about as security at a glance says everything is OK. [img] 118050
  6. Windows 10 Defender every minute says a virus found but nothing in details

Windows 10 Defender every minute says a virus found but nothing in details: This notice keeps popping up in Notifications every minute. It says to click on details and I do that but nothing is displayed on the page. This has been happening since we applied the updates the other day. Just to make sure we didn't have a real virus, I downloaded the...
  7. Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus

Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus: I have scanned and run troubleshooter etc. The report says NO THREATs but a pop-up with notification sound keeps going off. I click and it shows details: items quarantined. I click "remove" … they are removed. Seconds later the whole thing happens again. Same warning,...
  8. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"
  9. Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.

Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.: Windows Defender is giving me the error code - 0x80240016.. Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-not-downloading-virus-definitions/d37f3158-cc91-4efe-b8d6-99ffa06ba509
  10. Windows Defender and anti-virus softwarea

Windows Defender and anti-virus softwarea: If I have a strong, constantly updated anti-virus software installed on my laptop, do I need Windows Defender? Should/can I turn it off? It seems like overkill. Thanks in advance. 112999