Windows 10: Windows Defender Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows Defender Stopped Working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows Defender stopped working and I've tried the following with no luck: Can anyone help? 1. Press Windows Key + R 2. Type regedit in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarlosAOrtiz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Stopped Working

My Windows Defender stopped working and I've tried the following with no luck:

Can anyone help?

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. Type regedit in the run box.

3. Locate the following path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS DEFENDER\

4. Right click this file and select permissions

5. Press Advanced

6. Where it says owner press change

7. Change the owner to your username

8. Now press apply then ok

9. Select Full Control from the permissions menu

(click the Widnows Defender folder)

10. Find the value DisableAntiSpyware and DisableAntiVirus and set these values to 0

(explaination: double click each and where the 1 is put 0 and press ok)

11. Open services.msc

12. Find Windows Defender

13. There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service and Windows Defnder Netwrok

14. Right click each and press start

15. After you have started both restart your computer

16. Run Windows Defender

:)

CarlosAOrtiz, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Stopped Working

1. Windows Defender Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Defender Stopped Working

2. Window defender is not working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender is not working.: Hi,,, my window defender is not working although I am not using any type of other window defender, please open my window defender,,, thanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-is-not-working/31421ab9-5c8b-417c-84c5-d91b53262714"
  3. Windows defender is not working.

Windows defender is not working.: Hi, Windows defender is not working, I see that there is no windefend entry in the registry and the service does not exist. I never had another antivirus. I have Windows 10....
  4. not working windows defender

not working windows defender: I have update windows 10 after not working windows defender. so many malewer in my laptop, open my web browser autometclly and surech many site it harmfull my laptop solve this problem....
  5. Windows Defender Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Not Working: Okay i think i fixed my last kernel issue but a new one has appeared i swear these are like pokemon Appearing everywhere. Ok im having a problem with windows defender ui anytime i click it i will see a blue circle that keeps flashing beside my cursor and windows ui will be in...
  6. Windows Defender is not working

Windows Defender is not working: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] My windows is Windows 10 Home Single language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-not-working/85d74cb7-3800-4544-8874-d2cdc3ac9a95
  7. security defender stop working any more!!

security defender stop working any more!!: now please my security defender give me massage it's turned off and when I try to make it work give me "getting protection info ,,,," and given me "security at a glance",what can I do , pls help me !![IMG]...
  8. Windows defender not working

Windows defender not working: When I click on the Security Center it will not open. I get no error or anything it "sits there" for a second then goes away....
  9. Windows Defender not working

Windows Defender not working: I am using Windows 10 and my Windows Defender is not working . I tried to troubleshoot it but same problem. I am unable to turn on virus protection and other options. Please help....
  10. Completely Stop Windows Defender

Completely Stop Windows Defender: Just checking here. The only way to disable Windows defender is through: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection] "DisableRealtimeMonitoring"=dword:00000001 & gpedit.msc >...