Windows 10: Windows Defender tries to reboot but opens a blue screen with 2 options

Discus and support Windows Defender tries to reboot but opens a blue screen with 2 options in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; blue screen has 2 choices; advanced options and shut down. Advanced has 6 options if I recall including system restore that does not work, asks to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alexdowns, Dec 1, 2019.

1. alexdowns Win User

Windows Defender tries to reboot but opens a blue screen with 2 options

blue screen has 2 choices; advanced options and shut down.

Advanced has 6 options if I recall including system restore that does not work, asks to choose operating system; reinstall windows and other options. Its a blue screen with large option boxes to click. But nothing related.

This windows was just installed by HP a week ago during a hinge repair.

:)

alexdowns, Dec 1, 2019

2. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Dec 1, 2019
  3. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Windows Defender tries to reboot but opens a blue screen with 2 options

Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

Thanks @Hydrate! Followed Step 3 of Option 2 and rebooted ... problem solved!

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and if all stays good, I will mark this thread closed.

elprice7345, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender tries to reboot but opens a blue screen with 2 options

1. Windows Defender tries to reboot but opens a blue screen with 2 options - Similar Threads - Defender tries reboot

2. Blue Screen after rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen after rebooting: For the past month or so, whenever I would try to shutdown or reboot normally windows would POST and then where it would normally load windows I would get a BSOD about repairing but it would not let me repair, the error code usually has something about ntoskl. If I reboot and...
  3. Blue screen options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen options: My computer has a blue screen option of continue troubleshoot. Use a device turn off your PC or use another operating system. I have clicked all five and all five say we were not able to do this and then it brings me right back to the blue screen options....
  4. Blue screen options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen options: My computer has a blue screen option of continue troubleshoot. Use a device turn off your PC or use another operating system. I have clicked all five and all five say we were not able to do this and then it brings me right back to the blue screen options....
  5. Blue screen options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. / Frequent blue screen/reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    / Frequent blue screen/reboot: Get erroe messages like below: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000e08, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8061d026a64: C:\Windows\Minidump\122022-6453-01.dmp ID: 84575e66-76bf-42d2-ae45-2438606b273ddmp...
  7. Random Blue Screen and Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Blue Screen and Reboot: Hello everyone, Just around 10 days I finished building my new gaming rig with the following components : Rog Strix X570 ITX Ryzen 9 5950X Rog Ryou 240mm AIO Nvidia 3090 FE with thermaltake riser cable 1 TB Sabrent NVME m.2 PCIE 4.0 Windows installed here 2 TB...
  8. Blue Screen reboot

Blue Screen reboot: I am also getting a Microsoft blue screen error also called a stop error and the system gathers data and then restarts. I saw in another post of reading minidump dmp files. Is there some way I can open this and read it? Turns out each time the blue screen error happens it...
  9. Random Reboots, No Blue Screen

Random Reboots, No Blue Screen: Hello, I just built my first PC, everything went well and it is functioning great.....until it crashes. It's random. Sometimes while i'm browsing/doing homework, and sometimes while playing games. Sometimes there will be tearing with black lines on the top of the screen...
  10. Random Blue Screens - Reboot.

Random Blue Screens - Reboot.: From time to time my PC seems to crash, most of the time I do not know due to myself sleeping. How ever today I finally caught it in the act. I've tried looking up what is wrong with it, but found nothing. So here I am. Log Name: System Source:...