Windows 10: Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

Discus and support Windows Edge is not saving my passwords in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I wanted to use Windows Edge as my browser, not crome (even though I like chrome) windows works well, but my passwords are not saving. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lance Lyons, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

Hey, I wanted to use Windows Edge as my browser, not crome (even though I like chrome) windows works well, but my passwords are not saving.

I know some people say; go to settings, advanced, then to save passwords/autofill. But that does not work. I have the boxes checked off and they don't do anything. I don't like going to a site I use every day and my browser not knowing my password.

So yeah, I'm still on crome, sorry windows Windows Edge is not saving my passwords :(

:)

Lance Lyons, Nov 16, 2018

2. Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Hi,

If you are willing to save password on Edge then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default,
    but here's how to turn it on or off:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (...)
      > Settings > View Advanced Settings.

• Turn Offer to save passwords to On.
    For ore clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

I just finished some testing, and when you say "No" to saving password for a site, it will add the site to the "Manage passwords" list.

Deleting the site from the list will normally have Microsoft Edge ask you to save the password again afterwards.

If you haven't already, double check the list to make sure all instances of the site has been deleted, or delete all saved passwords to start fresh.

Microsoft Edge Saved Passwords - Manage in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

M.Soft Edge won't save email sign-in names & passwords to multiple yahoo accounts

Hi Jan,

We suggest that you turn on the Offer to save passwords in Microsoft Edge by following the steps below:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (…) >
      Settings
      > View Advanced Settings.
    • Turn Offer to save passwords to On.

Windows Edge is not saving my passwords 6a1766a7-cb95-4409-a552-05fb3bc15f79.png

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

1. Windows Edge is not saving my passwords - Similar Threads - Edge saving passwords

2. Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge: I wish to move or add currently in use passwords to the Save Password list in Edge>Profile>Passwords. Some are listed under NEVER, I now want them in SAVED....
  3. MS Edge saved passwords.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge saved passwords.: My saved passwords/email addresses do not appear in a dropdown list when I click the email box.If I then insert one letter it lists only the email addresses starting with that letter including the passwords.Two identical PCs and this has only appeared on one PC a couple of...
  4. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...: After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings -...
  5. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  6. Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.: New install - everything turned ON to Offer to Save Password. It isn't site specific. History/cache all cleared. Nuked back to Restore Settings. Nothing in other threads works - what is the problem with this Browser?...
  7. Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords

Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords: These are the hoops one goes through to view saved passwords using Edge: Settings>Passwords and Autofill>Manage Passwords>Select website. To see what's hidden by dots, go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage Web Credentials. Then select the same website and to view the...
  8. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

How to save favorite passwords in Edge: I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?...
  9. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  10. Location of Edge saved passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Edge saved passwords: Does anyone here know where the names and passwords are stored for saved credentials? I assume they're encoded or encrypted, but are they in a registry entry or a file somewhere? I understand how to manage them, just looking for the location *Smile Thanks in advance!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not saving passwords

2. edge not saving password

3. edge not saving passwords win 10

4. windows 10 not saving passwords,
  5. windows not saving password,
  6. windows 10 not saving passwords on edge,
  7. edge not saving login or password,
  8. edge not saving passwords windows 10,
  9. why did my computer quit saving my passwords 2020 Edge,
  10. windows 10 will not save a password,
  11. saving passwords in edge,