Windows 10: Windows explorer keeps reopening?

Discus and support Windows explorer keeps reopening? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After I experienced crash, which was caused I thing due to bad RAM which I replaced then, I couldn't repair windows to the state it was. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Acronis, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Acronis Win User

Windows explorer keeps reopening?

After I experienced crash, which was caused I thing due to bad RAM which I replaced then,
    I couldn't repair windows to the state it was.
    I have problems with windows explorer,
    it reopens, almost every time I open WE and then closed it, it reopens again to the same folder.

For example if I click in utorrent 'open containing folder' it will open it and then refresh it to the begining of the file list. When I close the window, it will reopen again.

Also, I cant force WE to remember settings for each folder, (like I used to before crash). In all folders, files are listed as 'date modified' if I try to change to different settings it will not remember, even if I click back and return to folder, it already change to default 'date modified'.

Another thing, icons on desktop are largest, I can decrease the size of icons, but they resset to largest every time I reboot.

I tried SFC /SCANNOW, doesnt find any errors.
    Also scanned with kaspersky boot CD, no problems found.

I was thinking to recover some files from old backup, and to replace existing files, but which files should I recover?

What would be the registry keys that I should look for in order to fix this?

:)

Acronis, Dec 16, 2015

2. Internet Explorer is not working properly in Windows 10

original title - windows 10 Internet Explore

when I click on open with Internet Explore, I keep getting internet explorer is not responding and then it closes

RonnieRenfrow, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Windows explorer keeps crashing, computer keeps freezing

Hi Habib,

Thank you for your reply.

I appreciate your effort, sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

CPU usage will go high, if there are some unnecessary applications get loaded with the operating system.

I would suggest you to perform following steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance troubleshooter and check.

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

1. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: We will check the functionality in safe mode with networking.

You may use the steps mentioned in this link to boot to Safe Mode with Networking.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or
    determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Follow this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Important note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.”

Method 3: Bad sectors on the hard drive can be a cause for high disk usage. (Run Check disk)

If you not run the 'check disk' scan or tried optimizing the drive, follow the steps from this article.

Improve performance by optimizing your drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Important: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, it tries to repair that sector and any data available on that might be lost.

Method 4: As your Windows hangs or freezes refer the following article for help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286?wa=wsignin1.0

Important note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 16, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Any system restore points before this crash (issue) can go back to, as this will replace registry files ?

jds63, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Acronis Win User
    Tried that but it was corrupted.
    Any other way?

Acronis, Dec 17, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Then i would try this first and see if it helps.
    Open (Admin) Command Prompt by right right clicking the Start Menu, copy and paste this into open command prompt and press enter, let it finish

sfc /scannow

Same open command prompt, copy and paste this and press enter, let it finish

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After both complete reboot (restart) PC.

Have any external Devices hooked up, USB Drives ? Any added folders made from software in File Explorer, some external device or software maybe doing this.

jds63, Dec 17, 2015
  7. Acronis Win User
    I already wrote in a first post that "I tried SFC /SCANNOW"

Tried DISM... problem is still the same.

Acronis, Dec 17, 2015
  8. Acronis Win User

What are the registry keys that are for this settings in windows explorer, that I explained.
    Which key is for desktop icons size? So if I delete that key/import correct settings, maybe it will solve the problem.

Acronis, Dec 17, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Sometimes you need to run SFC and DISM few times and reboot afterwards to fix corrupted files. Seems to me if system restore was corrupted then there is corruption in the operating system files, along with some of issues you wanted to try to fix by using registry edit, would not advise editing registry and without backing it up first. I do not know of any registry edits you can use and i believe you mean to fix settings in folders to remember last used options. Most of these settings are right there by right clicking (context menu) and above in the menu. Can look at Folder options in control panel, try resetting it or check some settings there.

Your biggest issue involves File Explorer reopening after closing and right now should be your biggest concern and a regedit will not solve this. Why it is happening, i am not sure as it can be due to another software on system or device and or device driver. You even stated you still had issues even after the crashes from RAM, basically RAM was not only issue then and now.

Suggest trying File Explorer in Windows safe mode and see if it happens there, if not then some of the issues i just mentioned can be the problem.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows explorer keeps reopening? - Similar Threads - explorer keeps reopening

2. Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.: Explorer kept crashing while i was on 5G network. Why? I need to use my 2G version of my network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-keeps-crashing-and-reopening-when-on-5g/a2c46200-1150-4d61-bcf7-af106317c6cd
  3. Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.: Explorer kept crashing while i was on 5G network. Why? I need to use my 2G version of my network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-keeps-crashing-and-reopening-when-on-5g/a2c46200-1150-4d61-bcf7-af106317c6cd
  4. Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command prompt keeps popping up randomly and chrome keeps closing and reopening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt keeps popping up randomly and chrome keeps closing and reopening: I've been having this issue lately where my command prompt randomly pops up and my chrome just completely closes and reopens at random time intervals. at first when my chrome reopens up no matter what I typed in the search bar or even using google.com directly it always sends...
  6. Windows Explorer keeps restarting

Windows Explorer keeps restarting: I get this error: Application: explorer.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c00000fd, exception address 00007FFBFA0517B8 <Event...
  7. Desktop keeps closing and reopening

Desktop keeps closing and reopening: Yesterday morning when I turned my HP Envy I don't have the model number on it froze up booting up. I turned it off at the surge protector and turned it back on. It booted up a little slower than usual, but brought the sign in screen up. I signed in and the desktop came up....
  8. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing: My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Why I think it's not working I'm on a vacation in a different country Downloaded a app titled CC Cleaner to get rid of duplicate photos Downloaded a app titled Duplicate Photos Fixer to get rid of duplicate photos (10 gigabyte of photos...
  9. Notepad keeps reopening

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad keeps reopening: The notepad on my windows 10 keeps reopening.I browsed through the task manager and on the command line I found this: C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\hlfkrt.text Please help me in resolving this 95460
  10. A Context Menu Option To Reopen The Last File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    A Context Menu Option To Reopen The Last File Explorer Window: Hello. So I noticed that sometimes when I close a File Explorer window, I want to undo closing it and bring in back so I can use it. The only possible method that I know is just to go back to File Explorer and re-navigate back to that folder. So let's take an example. I...