Windows 10: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed

Discus and support Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was wondering how Windows determines what gets displayed in the navigation pane? I saw this: This PC in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaesun, Mar 20, 2016.

1. jaesun Win User

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed

I was wondering how Windows determines what gets displayed in the navigation pane?

I saw this:
    This PC in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But that is just for the PC.

At work, I got the Quick access, Dropbox, OneDrive, This PC, and Network.

Co-Workers computer got all that, and a shortcut to his D Drive. (I didn't).

At home, I got same as my co-worker, with the D drive shortcut (and ignoring my 4 other hard drives)

These are not removable drives, these are regular fixed drives. (At work, C is SSD, D is a mechanical drive), at home, C/D are my SSD, the other 3 are mechanical drives), all plugged into the motherboard.

I know according to the tutorial above, it looks like I can add all my hard drives to the navigation pane, but is there a way to add only certain drives?

:)

jaesun, Mar 20, 2016
  2. tdroz Win User

What is Wrong with my Windows 10 Start Menu??

I've done this to get Recent Items to show up in Quick Access and in Windows Explorer Jump List

• In Windows Explorer, navigate to "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items" without the quotes

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed [​IMG]
    • In Windows Explorer, make sure the Navigation Pane is visible. If it's not, go to the Menu Bar and select View -> Navigation Pane and put a checkmark next to Navigation Pane.
    • In Windows Explorer, go to the Menu Bar and select Home -> Pin to Quick Access:

• The "Recent items" folder will appear in the Navigation Pane, and you can drag it to the top of the Quick access list if you desire.
    This should also put Recent items at the top of the Windows Explorer Jump List, and in the Pinned list in the Start Menu's File Explorer (Start -> File Explorer -> Recent Items)

Now to extend this to the "Save" and "Save As" dialog box...Any hints are welcome Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed :).

tdroz, Mar 20, 2016
  3. tdroz Win User
    Recently opened documents in Start Menu - jump lists not working?

I've done this to get Recent Items to show up in Quick Access and in Windows Explorer Jump List

• In Windows Explorer, navigate to "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items" without the quotes

• In Windows Explorer, make sure the Navigation Pane is visible. If it's not, go to the Menu Bar and select View -> Navigation Pane and put a checkmark next to Navigation Pane.
    • In Windows Explorer, go to the Menu Bar and select Home -> Pin to Quick Access:

• The "Recent items" folder will appear in the Navigation Pane, and you can drag it to the top of the Quick access list if you desire.
    This should also put Recent items at the top of the Windows Explorer Jump List.

Now to extend this to the "Save" and "Save As" dialog box...Any hints are welcome Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed :).

tdroz, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed

1. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed - Similar Threads - Explorer Navigation Pane

2. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane: When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer....
  3. Windows explorer navigation pane jumping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer navigation pane jumping: The navigation pane in Windows explorer jumps to the opened folder although the Open File Explorer function is set to Quick Access in the General tab and the Expand to Open Folder option in the View tab is not checked. I have seen this issue come up elsewhere but none of...
  4. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra drives in navigation pane of explorer: yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update. *Sleepy*Biggrin 133192
  5. Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order: Hey there, I'm trying to find out, if there is any way to rearrange the order of items in the Windows 10 explorer's navigation pane (the one on the left hand side). Currently, the "Quick Access" list is on top, followed by "OneDrive" and "This PC" is the last one. I'd like...
  6. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  7. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  8. How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer: Hello everyone, My fiance just got her first Windows 10 laptop recently, and the behaviour of Explorer is driving her nuts. The navigation pane on the left will not scroll horizontally (neither with a horizontal scrollbar nor auto-scrolling as it did in previous versions...
  9. Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer: Hi, I read the tutorial about Libraries, which doesn't cover my question. I do not use the Documents, Music, Pictures, or Videos folders and I 'd like to get them off the navigation pane, is there a way to do that? 78713
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888