Windows 10: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed

Discus and support Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was wondering how Windows determines what gets displayed in the navigation pane? I saw this: This PC in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaesun, Mar 20, 2016.

1. jaesun Win User

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed

I was wondering how Windows determines what gets displayed in the navigation pane?

I saw this:
    This PC in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But that is just for the PC.

At work, I got the Quick access, Dropbox, OneDrive, This PC, and Network.

Co-Workers computer got all that, and a shortcut to his D Drive. (I didn't).

At home, I got same as my co-worker, with the D drive shortcut (and ignoring my 4 other hard drives)

These are not removable drives, these are regular fixed drives. (At work, C is SSD, D is a mechanical drive), at home, C/D are my SSD, the other 3 are mechanical drives), all plugged into the motherboard.

I know according to the tutorial above, it looks like I can add all my hard drives to the navigation pane, but is there a way to add only certain drives?

:)

jaesun, Mar 20, 2016
  2. tdroz Win User

What is Wrong with my Windows 10 Start Menu??

I've done this to get Recent Items to show up in Quick Access and in Windows Explorer Jump List

• In Windows Explorer, navigate to "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items" without the quotes

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed [​IMG]
    • In Windows Explorer, make sure the Navigation Pane is visible. If it's not, go to the Menu Bar and select View -> Navigation Pane and put a checkmark next to Navigation Pane.
    • In Windows Explorer, go to the Menu Bar and select Home -> Pin to Quick Access:

• The "Recent items" folder will appear in the Navigation Pane, and you can drag it to the top of the Quick access list if you desire.
    This should also put Recent items at the top of the Windows Explorer Jump List, and in the Pinned list in the Start Menu's File Explorer (Start -> File Explorer -> Recent Items)

Now to extend this to the "Save" and "Save As" dialog box...Any hints are welcome Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed :).

tdroz, Mar 20, 2016
  3. tdroz Win User
    Recently opened documents in Start Menu - jump lists not working?

I've done this to get Recent Items to show up in Quick Access and in Windows Explorer Jump List

• In Windows Explorer, navigate to "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items" without the quotes

• In Windows Explorer, make sure the Navigation Pane is visible. If it's not, go to the Menu Bar and select View -> Navigation Pane and put a checkmark next to Navigation Pane.
    • In Windows Explorer, go to the Menu Bar and select Home -> Pin to Quick Access:

• The "Recent items" folder will appear in the Navigation Pane, and you can drag it to the top of the Quick access list if you desire.
    This should also put Recent items at the top of the Windows Explorer Jump List.

Now to extend this to the "Save" and "Save As" dialog box...Any hints are welcome Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed :).

tdroz, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed

1. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane ... how to determine what gets listed - Similar Threads - Explorer Navigation Pane

2. The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN: Sorry, just throwing this out there as a COMMENT - please feel free to pile on.It's a RANT that may not see the light of day, but a common complaint.When is MS going to fix the File Explorer Navigation Pane so that it is reasonably easy to use.Right now, it is not and I have...
  3. The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN: Sorry, just throwing this out there as a COMMENT - please feel free to pile on.It's a RANT that may not see the light of day, but a common complaint.When is MS going to fix the File Explorer Navigation Pane so that it is reasonably easy to use.Right now, it is not and I have...
  4. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  5. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  6. Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer: Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question, does anyone know how to or rather if there even is a way, to be able to set the navigation pane in File Explorer to dynamically minimize and maximise on mouse hover? I have pined the option to show and hide navigation...
  7. Windows explorer problem - navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer problem - navigation pane: When I opened a folder in Win7 by using a shortcut, the folder was always shown at the top of the navigation pane, so its subfolders were visible below it, and immediately available to open with just a click. In Windows 10, it behaves differently, with the open folder shown...
  8. Windows explorer navigation pane jumping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer navigation pane jumping: The navigation pane in Windows explorer jumps to the opened folder although the Open File Explorer function is set to Quick Access in the General tab and the Expand to Open Folder option in the View tab is not checked. I have seen this issue come up elsewhere but none of...
  9. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra drives in navigation pane of explorer: yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update. *Sleepy*Biggrin 133192
  10. How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer: Hello everyone, My fiance just got her first Windows 10 laptop recently, and the behaviour of Explorer is driving her nuts. The navigation pane on the left will not scroll horizontally (neither with a horizontal scrollbar nor auto-scrolling as it did in previous versions...