Windows 10: Windows Explorer Search disabled?

Discus and support Windows Explorer Search disabled? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1909 (18363.592) I opened my Documents folder to find a file. Tried to click into the Search entry field and I couldn't?! Any clues what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Feb 14, 2020 at 6:17 AM.

1. perdrix Win User

Windows Explorer Search disabled?

Version 1909 (18363.592)

I opened my Documents folder to find a file. Tried to click into the Search entry field and I couldn't?!

Any clues what could cause this? Is there a way to get this back

Thanks
    David

:)

2. How do disable search history in file explorer?

Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

I want to completely disable the search function. Windows 8 had this option: Search Suggestions in File Explorer - Enable or Disable in Windows 8 but it didn't work for Windows 10.

Thank you!

windows8thumba, Feb 14, 2020 at 6:20 AM
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 14, 2020 at 6:20 AM
  4. Windows Explorer Search disabled?

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Thema:

Windows Explorer Search disabled?

1. Windows Explorer Search disabled? - Similar Threads - Explorer Search disabled

2. Searching in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching in Windows explorer: Hello guys, I have a question about the behaviour of the windows explorer search. On my two personal computers when I open a folder which contains many other folders, I can press the button, for example, "r" to jump to the first folder that begins with the letter "r". I like...
  3. WIndows Explorer Search Unavailable

in Cortana
    WIndows Explorer Search Unavailable: Hello everyone.. I have a problem that really make me frustrated related to Searching in Windows Explorer For more than a month this problem has arisen, I have complained through feedbackhub, but there is no answer that solves the problem note, this *is not CORTANA /...
  4. Disabling Windows Search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Windows Search: I'm creating an image for Desktops/Laptops that clients will be using. We want to lock down the computer as much as possible and I've had some success with Group Policies. The one major thing I would like to disable before I finish is the windows search bar. Even if I disable...
  5. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10: Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program). Does...
  6. Taskbar Search: Launch Windows Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search: Launch Windows Explorer Search: What I'd like to find is a way to have a searchbox on the Taskbar that launches Windows Search, not the new Windows search. I'm pretty sure it's just a different GUID or namespace. This will do for now though. From the SevenForums (SF) Tutorial section Search Shortcut -...
  7. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  8. Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information By default, the search box in File Explorer will show a list of suggestions as you type in the search box. These...
  9. How do disable search history in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do disable search history in file explorer?: Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials I want to completely disable the search...
  10. Disable explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable explorer?: It looks pretty but it is very awkward to use. How do I stop explorer being default. I cant even view PDF's on adobe. I cant find the tools in the menu help please I am stuck I don't want explorer at all.. 36493