Windows 10: Windows Explorer Search disabled?

Discus and support Windows Explorer Search disabled? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1909 (18363.592) I opened my Documents folder to find a file. Tried to click into the Search entry field and I couldn't?! Any clues what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Feb 14, 2020.

1. perdrix Win User

Windows Explorer Search disabled?

Version 1909 (18363.592)

I opened my Documents folder to find a file. Tried to click into the Search entry field and I couldn't?!

Any clues what could cause this? Is there a way to get this back

Thanks
    David

:)

perdrix, Feb 14, 2020

2. How do disable search history in file explorer?

Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

I want to completely disable the search function. Windows 8 had this option: Search Suggestions in File Explorer - Enable or Disable in Windows 8 but it didn't work for Windows 10.

Thank you!

windows8thumba, Feb 14, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer Search disabled?

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer Search disabled?

1. Windows Explorer Search disabled? - Similar Threads - Explorer Search disabled

2. Disable current folder search error sound in Explorer

in Cortana
    Disable current folder search error sound in Explorer: In Windows 10, when a file Explorer window is active and I press a letter key on keyboard, it selects the first file or folder starting with this letter. However, when there is no such file or folder, it plays the default "Windows background" sound. Is there a way to disable...
  3. Disable current folder search error sound in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable current folder search error sound in Explorer: In Windows 10, when a file Explorer window is active and I press a letter key on keyboard, it selects the first file or folder starting with this letter. However, when there is no such file or folder, it plays the default "Windows background" sound. Is there a way to disable...
  4. Disable current folder search error sound in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).: Reading elsewhere it seems that the idea of wanting to hide/disable the Explorer search box is stupid .... I have multiple duplicates from years of being paranoid (copies of backups and vice versa). Now housekeeping "extreme". On my 1920x1080 screen even with navigation pane...
  6. Disabling recent items from search tab and windows explorer.

in Cortana
    Disabling recent items from search tab and windows explorer.: I had been using a USB and I just noticed that the files I accessed are still searchable in the search bar and windows explorer even after I removed the USB. How do I delete them?...
  7. Searching in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching in Windows explorer: Hello guys, I have a question about the behaviour of the windows explorer search. On my two personal computers when I open a folder which contains many other folders, I can press the button, for example, "r" to jump to the first folder that begins with the letter "r". I like...
  8. Disabling Windows Search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Windows Search: I'm creating an image for Desktops/Laptops that clients will be using. We want to lock down the computer as much as possible and I've had some success with Group Policies. The one major thing I would like to disable before I finish is the windows search bar. Even if I disable...
  9. Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information By default, the search box in File Explorer will show a list of suggestions as you type in the search box. These...
  10. How do disable search history in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do disable search history in file explorer?: Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials I want to completely disable the search...