Windows 10: Windows Feature Update 1903

Discus and support Windows Feature Update 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So tonight I noticed that over 7 gbs of my hard space was gone. I regularly check it so it's definitely something I noticed. I checked to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sara209, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Sara209 Win User

Windows Feature Update 1903

So tonight I noticed that over 7 gbs of my hard space was gone. I regularly check it so it's definitely something I noticed. I checked to see if Windows was trying to update and in fact it was even though I have my updates turned off or it needs to ask before it starts.

This update didn't do that, it just started in the background without my knowledge and I'm not sure why

My questions are, why did this update without permission? And why the hell did it take a huge chunk of my hard drive space?

Will I get any of the space i lost back after this BS installs?

:)

Sara209, Jul 29, 2019
  2. S-and-S Win User

Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?

The way to find out if it's safe to install v.1903 - or any feature update - is to consult Microsoft's own website.

On its website, Microsoft has a complete list of known bugs as well as the progress of any fixes. You can review the bugs and decide whether or not they might apply to your computer. Not every bug affects every configuration.

With all due respect to the many helpers here, I prefer to rely on hard information rather than opinions, however well-considered.

Here is
    Microsoft's official list for v.1903

Sometimes it's not so easy to understand Microsoft's technical descriptions. Fortunately, a search of the internet will provide lots of explanation. For example, here is an explanation from

The Windows Club

My computer is 9 years old. The v.1903 update took 1 hour and 29 minutes from beginning to end.

S-and-S, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 will not complete download ?

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

I would suggest going through the guided walkthrough for fixing windows update errors. It is a great resource that will take you step by step in order to fix any issues with windows update.

Also to note, for update 1903 I believe you would need to be a part of the windows insider program to receive that update.

Here is the link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/...

I hope this helps!

Thagstrom, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Windows Feature Update 1903

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Feature Update 1903

1. Windows Feature Update 1903 - Similar Threads - Feature Update 1903

2. Windows feature update to 1903 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows feature update to 1903 fails: This update will not be updated on my new computer. How can I solve this since I constantly try to download and install it all the time? It doesn't seem to be the only one that has this problem of one that I can see online. How can I install it on my new PC? I can provide...
  3. Windows 10 1903 feature update

Windows 10 1903 feature update: Is there a standalone file to down load to install the 1903 feature update? I have multiple locations with low bandwidth connections that I need to install this update. I am currently needing to update Windows 10 1803 version....
  4. Windows feature update to 1903 fails

Windows feature update to 1903 fails: This update will not update on my brand new computer, it also would not update on my last computer. How can I sort this as it constantly tries to download and install it all the time? I don't appear to be the only one who has this issue from one I can see online. On my old...
  5. windows 10 feature update 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 feature update 1903: Hi all running windows 10 v 1803, its very stable never any issues, recently have been getting prompts to update to v 1903 due to support ending in Nov, i have downloaded the iso and installed from setup.exe, updated very smoothly no issues, problems start soon after...
  6. feature update 1903

feature update 1903: Hi all. Having tried to install this update yet again it freezes @ 48% on install. I have run an iso file from m/soft to install which was done as a offline installation with A/virus disabled temporary. this has happened four times now. Do I need this update?...
  7. Windows 10 1903 feature update

Windows 10 1903 feature update: I attempted the new update a couple days ago on a HP Desktop and got the error that it could not update due to the hardware. Found this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500988/windows-update-hold-for-windows-10 Did the "workaround" since I did have a...
  8. Windows feature update 1903 fail

Windows feature update 1903 fail: I have been offered 1903 by update on my computer, it downloads and runs install to 100% but when I restart I find I am still on the previous version 1809 17763.557. In update it says it failed to install and try again Ox8007007f I tried many time with the same result. Two...
  9. Windows Feature Update 1903 errors

Windows Feature Update 1903 errors: I received this error code trying to install the update: "The exception unknown software exception (0xe0000008) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFDEFAF9129" The update just hangs at 88%. If I try to open my browser (Google Chrome) it crashes. My computer is...
  10. Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903: Hello. I keep getting this message- Getting things ready- for the feature update to version 1903. It is stuck at 71 percent since yesterday. The very first time I tried downloading the update, the error code was 0x80240034. Please help. Thank you....