Windows 10: Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally

Discus and support Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, Hoping for some assistance. Got a port that has been set up as an inbound rule via group policy and this applies successfully and shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carl Allen carl.allen, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally

Hello all,

Hoping for some assistance. Got a port that has been set up as an inbound rule via group policy and this applies successfully and shows up within Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.

However, under Windows Defender Firewall, Allowed Applications, it does show up, but not checked? Obviously this can't be changed here due to being managed by group policy setting.

Any idea why it's not showing as checked and how to fix?

Many thanks,

Carl

Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally d6459a7a-267f-4f20-a10a-d3ed49bce8e4?upload=true.png Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally f71dc929-7633-4840-8197-62df8a896b46?upload=true.png

:)

Carl Allen carl.allen, Mar 3, 2020

2. group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally

Brink, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally

1. Windows Firewall - Managed by Group Policy but not showing as checked locally - Similar Threads - Firewall Managed Group

2. Windows firewall is enabled but not reflected on the local group policy editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows firewall is enabled but not reflected on the local group policy editor: I have been auditing using powershell on a vm for a school project using the CIS windows 11 benchmark. However, the firewall settings never seem to be reflected under the gpedit.msc. Currently, it shows all is not configured. I have been trying a few methods, one of which is...
  3. Windows firewall is enabled but not reflected on the local group policy editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows firewall is enabled but not reflected on the local group policy editor: I have been auditing using powershell on a vm for a school project using the CIS windows 11 benchmark. However, the firewall settings never seem to be reflected under the gpedit.msc. Currently, it shows all is not configured. I have been trying a few methods, one of which is...
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  5. Local group policies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policies: Hello, I have issue with windows 10 home basic. There is no options for Administrative Templates inLocal Group Policies. Please resolve this issue...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policies/bdbb2977-adf0-4aed-a08d-4dd5601fffac
  6. Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting

Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting: Hey Guys (Group Policy set via Windows Server 2019 (1809 templates installed, Clients are Windows 10 1809) For any Firewall rules I set via Group Policy, on the client they show as "Extra Registry Settings" in RSOP Can anyone please confirm if this is correct/ how it should...
  7. Windows Defender Managed by Group Policy

Windows Defender Managed by Group Policy: my windows defender is being closed according to group policy what is it and how can i open it? plz help [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-managed-by-group-policy/089609b9-2735-4d45-925d-e0c80def3e2a
  8. local group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  9. Group Policy management console

Group Policy management console: Hi It is the possible to disable the print screen button in window 10 computer via group policy management console. kindly suggest the useful article. Regards, vetrivel G...
  10. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall - managed by group policy but not showing as checked locally