Windows 10: windows hello biometric recognition

Discus and support windows hello biometric recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 pro on my device. Initially, windows hello biometric recognition was being support on my device. But now it shows that windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ank_kum, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Ank_kum Win User

windows hello biometric recognition

I am using windows 10 pro on my device. Initially, windows hello biometric recognition was being support on my device. But now it shows that windows hello is isn't available on my device. Can anyone help me out?

:)

Ank_kum, Jul 25, 2019

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Hello is not an option in my Sign-in window. Please help?

Hello Adyn, and welcome to Ten Forums. windows hello biometric recognition :)

Windows Hello is for biometrics (fingerprint and facial recognition). Since you don't show a fingerprint reader or facial recognition (Intel F200 webcam), you won't see Windows Hello listed on the right side in your screenshot.

Brink, Jul 25, 2019
  4. windows hello biometric recognition

hsehestedt, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

windows hello biometric recognition

1. windows hello biometric recognition - Similar Threads - hello biometric recognition

2. Windows hello biometrics and face recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello biometrics and face recognition: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 5300 2in 1Online my laptop says that it supports windows hello for fingerprint and face ID,However, in settings it says its unable to find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello and the same but with face recognition. SEE PHOTOI have...
  3. Windows hello biometrics and face recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello biometrics and face recognition: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 5300 2in 1Online my laptop says that it supports windows hello for fingerprint and face ID,However, in settings it says its unable to find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello and the same but with face recognition. SEE PHOTOI have...
  4. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  5. Biometric device not supported by Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Biometric device not supported by Windows Hello: After the latest update on 02-07-2020, windows 10 stopped recognizing my fingerprint biometric device for Windows Hello... ? Model of laptop: HP - Folio 9470m...
  6. windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors

windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors: My Windows was not getting the first update, due to which I updated the Windows 10 Pro offline, but now in settings, Windows hello and fingerprint sensor biometric service is not working in the account sign Please help me...
  7. Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.

Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.: Window Hello facial recognition has stopped working .I have tried all the advice I can find on the web to fix it ,but have managed to remove the biometrics from the device manager list. I've searched for a replacement download but couldn't find anything. I'm using a Surface...
  8. Windows Hello Biometrics sporadic

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Biometrics sporadic: Windows Hello sign in using Biometrics Fingerprint scanner pre-installed with LG Gram laptop only works sporadically. Every 4-5 days, Windows Hello bypasses the Fingerprint scanner and signs in directly. Even though Windows Hello has been set up with a PIN and Fingerprints,...
  9. Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files: Biometrics is missing in Device Manager on my Alienware 17 R4, One of the possible solutions I found on the Web was to go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver, right clich on Helloface.inf and select Install. I did that but it didnt restore the Biometrics option...
  10. Windows Hello in Token, a biometric ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello in Token, a biometric ring: Leveraging Windows Hello technology, this new biometric ring helps eliminate the need for passwords. [img] There’s a good chance you’ve received an email today saying, “Congratulations, you’ve won!” or that “Your friend has tagged a photo of you” on a social...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activating Window Hello biometrics