Windows 10: Windows Just Stops During Boot

Discus and support Windows Just Stops During Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This doesn't happen all the time, maybe every 10 boots or so, but it's getting rather annoying. I have a new build and I think I have all of the kinks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gurn Blanston, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Windows Just Stops During Boot

This doesn't happen all the time, maybe every 10 boots or so, but it's getting rather annoying.

I have a new build and I think I have all of the kinks out of it, but every once in a while when booting up, the system will go through the BIOS page and then on to Windows 10. I get to the opening splash screen of Windows and the computer just stops dead. No hard disk activity, no keyboard, no anything. Just the windows logo on my screen. I have left it for up to ten minutes and it does not progress from there. The only thing I can do to get it moving is to press the reset switch and reboot. It then reboots normally.

I'm not getting a BSOD with this, and there is nothing in the event log for the stalled boot.

I'm booting from an NVMe drive and it's new. Could it be flaky?

:)

Gurn Blanston, Jan 2, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Windows Just Stops During Boot

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Just Stops During Boot

1. Windows Just Stops During Boot - Similar Threads - Stops During Boot

2. Windows just broke during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows just broke during setup: Hi. My laptop screen has been broken for a while now and I just connected it to my tv/monitor and it works great until I decided to dual boot windows 11 and 10I opened up my laptop and disconnected the cable to the built in display and just closed it bios works and everything...
  3. Windows just broke during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows just broke during setup: Hi. My laptop screen has been broken for a while now and I just connected it to my tv/monitor and it works great until I decided to dual boot windows 11 and 10I opened up my laptop and disconnected the cable to the built in display and just closed it bios works and everything...
  4. Windows Hanging during boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hanging during boot: Hello,I have an embedded Dell 3000 running Win 10 21H2 that just hangs occasionally while booting right after POST. I have tried a number of things to get this corrected but I am running out of luck and options. Does anyone have any other ideas?Here are the things I have...
  5. Windows Hanging during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hanging during boot: Hello,I have an embedded Dell 3000 running Win 10 21H2 that just hangs occasionally while booting right after POST. I have tried a number of things to get this corrected but I am running out of luck and options. Does anyone have any other ideas?Here are the things I have...
  6. No Windows logo during boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows logo during boot.: I have recently bought a Windows 10 pro machine and during the first it was fine but after the 21H1 update during the boot the Windows logo is not showing. The machine is working perfectly fine and the logo of the BIOS is also showing up, but not the Windows logo. Please help...
  7. PC cold boot stops during BIOS, works on restart/warm boot

PC cold boot stops during BIOS, works on restart/warm boot: For the past few weeks when powering up my elderly PC it almost always stops during BIOS after displaying the CPU details (1st image). Pressing the Reboot button on the front panel it boots fine every time (2nd image). As the next line it would display is the memory check ok...
  8. Windows 10 stops during boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stops during boot: My Windows 10 was apparently updated last evening. Now when it boots, it reaches the screen with my backscreen and the time and date displayed. When I click on the page it used to bring up the login screen. Now it goes dim for a few seconds then comes back to the time and...
  9. Laptop Keyboard Stops working during Boot

Laptop Keyboard Stops working during Boot: I have had this problem on and off with this laptop for some time. Sometimes I could fix it with just flipping the laptop all the way over and back a few times and the laptop keyboard would come out of tablet mode and work. You can see for a very few short seconds the...
  10. Windows 10 just stopped booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 just stopped booting: This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both have previously experienced little to no problems running Windows 7. The PC was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro, then a clean...