Windows 10: Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing

Discus and support Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Over the last few days Windows Live Mail keeps crashing when trying to send emails. Receiving emails is ok. I have used Event Viewer and uploaded the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by joben1, Apr 5, 2016.

1. joben1 Win User

Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing

Over the last few days Windows Live Mail keeps crashing when trying to send emails. Receiving emails is ok.
    I have used Event Viewer and uploaded the image below. Any help greatly appreciated.

Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing [​IMG]

:)

joben1, Apr 5, 2016

2. What are the exact differences between Windows 10 Mail app and Live Mail

Dear ZigZag,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have decided for the time being though to keep using Windows Live Mail. But I have also downloaded the installation file for Windows Live Essentials wlsetup-all.exe from g.live.com/1rewlive5-all/nl/wlsetup-all.exe (Note,
    this is a Dutch version), and stored this in a folder Software Downloads which is a subfolder of my My Documents folder, that I back-up every day. So in case of a crash I am able to restore Windows Live Essentials of which Live Mail is a part.

Laurens

Laurens Wachters, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Jmarco0921, Apr 5, 2016
  4. Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing

I would start by browsing to c:\\windows\sysWOW64\ and see if the msxm16.dll file is there. The error points to it being missing or damaged.

cflusflwfl, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Also, you could try running a repair install of Windows Live Mail through the control panel.

cflusflwfl, Apr 6, 2016
  6. joben1 Win User
    Yes the file is there.

How do you do that?

joben1, Apr 6, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I am presently having issue with my WLM 2012.

I did a system restore, picking a date I had no such issue as my restore point. It worked.
    System Restore Windows 10

As to repairing WLM...............
    Go to Programs and Features > right click at Windows Essentials (2011 or 2012 ) > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

davidhk, Apr 6, 2016
  8. Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing

Go to control panel, programs, find Windows Live Mail, Click on it and choose the option to repair.

cflusflwfl, Apr 7, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    joben1,
    1 day has gone by.
    What is your current status.
    Still having the same issue or is it resolved ?
    If you have found another way to solve this problem, I would like to know because I am using WLM too, for almost 6 years.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing

1. Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing - Similar Threads - Live Mail Keeps

2. Windows Live mail crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live mail crash: Windows Live mail crashed on me. This is the second time this year. When I reopened, it seemed to have taken a considerable time "recovering" my files. The restore really sucked. It looks like have have lost lots of emails and attachments. More importantly I lost my sent...
  3. Mail keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail keeps Crashing: Recently, after the last Windows update, my Mail keeps crashing. Whenever I try to view my Mails, it crashes and just closes down. I have reinstalled it three times but still the problem remains. I even tried running system file checker several times but it still crashes....
  4. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  5. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  6. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....
  7. windows live mail 2012 crashing with html emails

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012 crashing with html emails: Since updating to Windows 10 from 8.1, Windows Live Mail instantly crashes when viewing most emails. I can't quite work out which ones it is allowing me to view although the only way to stop this behaviour is to tick the box 'Read all messages in plain text' under File |...
  8. Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login: just upgraded my mother's Dell Windows 7 Home 64 Bit PC to Windows 10 64 Bit Home. I'd already done this with my own system (exactly the same except mine's a home built computer) without any issues. Everything went fine on hers except for two a couple of issues one being...
  9. Live Mail 2012 crashes regularly in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail 2012 crashes regularly in Windows 10: Even after replacing Live Mail 2011 with 2012, I find that it still crashes on and off with the message "something unexpected has happened and Windows Live Mail must close". If I reboot, it works fine, but I don't want to have to reboot every time this happens. 32534
  10. Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?: I have the Windows 10 upgrade queued up and ready to install on my Windows 7 machine, but I'm nervous to do so for fear that I'll lose all my storage folders, contacts, and emails that are currently in my Windows Live Mail (I have two separate accounts configured). Will...