Windows 10: Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO

Discus and support Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey everybody, I have created an ISO file via the Windows MediaCreation tool that I am going to burn on disc, but I am not sure if this is the 1703... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrje1, Sep 13, 2017.

1. mrje1 Win User

Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO

Hey everybody,

I have created an ISO file via the Windows MediaCreation tool that I am going to burn on disc, but I am not sure if this is the 1703 version. How can I know if the ISO file that was created by the MediaCreation tool is the 1703 version?

I have seen other ways to get this 1703 ISO file, but I am curious to know what version the MediaCreation Tool puts out.

Thank you!

:)

mrje1, Sep 13, 2017

2. Unable to install Windows 10 on an Asus U43F notebook

I tried using upgrading from Windows Update, USB by MediaCreation tool, and directly upgraded from MediaCreation tool but all give same error. I don't think that the ISO will make a difference.

AJalobaidi, Sep 13, 2017
  3. ieee488 Win User
    Windows Version 1703 ISO

No kidding.

The MediaCreation Tool gets repeatedly updated by Microsoft.

ieee488, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO

Caledon Ken, Sep 13, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    The several times I've used the MCT over the last 6 weeks have given me Version 1703 Build 15063.0 [also known as the CU]. After installing it doesn't take long to get updated to the latest, Build 15063.608. Early in the install I choose not to check for updates especially on slower connections. I'm in the process of doing one now, moving from Version 1607.

Berton, Sep 13, 2017
  6. mrje1 Win User
    Hey guys,

I want to thank you both for your help and assistance. Very helpful. I got the info I was looking for. Have a great rest of your week.*Thumbs*Biggrin

mrje1, Sep 13, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    You can always check the version of your MCT, look at the Details tab on its Properties. It is the same version as the build of the ISO it will download. Each version of the MCT is hard-coded to fetch the ISO for the version it was built for, that is why it's essential to download a new MCT to get the latest ISO when it's released. The original version 10240 MCT still makes media for the initial release.

The same method of checking the build applies to the files on the ISO. Look at the version number of the Setup.exe you'll find there.

MCT for Creators Update (1703, os build 15063)

Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO [​IMG]

MCT for Anniversary Update (1607, os build 14393)

Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO [​IMG]

8. mrje1 Win User

Thank you Bree, but I did what you said before writing this thread and it doesn't show the information that you are seeing. Strange!

mrje1, Sep 13, 2017
  9. Bree that is good to know. That means in essence that we can get older versions directly from MS as long as we keep a copy of each tool. Went to my backups and found an older V1607. Nice.

10. Bree New Member
    I have a collection of them all *Smile I use the oldest one to make an install USB for 10240 a few months ago (I wanted a different language for the one I made back in 2015).

Did you know there's also an MCT for Windows 8.1?
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...nload/windows8

11. AddRAM Win User
    I just save the Iso file of each version *Smile

AddRAM, Sep 13, 2017
  12. Did not know that.

I usually suggest the movement to Win 10 but something I will note.

13. Bree New Member

So do I normally (well, the USB actually). But each ISO/USB is created for a specific language. For test purposes I needed install media in another language, easily made using the MCT - not so easy if you just have the .iso.

Another use would be if you wanted x86 media but only had the x64 .iso.

Thema:

1. Windows MediaCreation tool and version number for ISO - Similar Threads - MediaCreation tool version

2. MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?: Hi. If I create a Windows 10 usb installation image using the MediaCreation tool today dec 20th 2022, what build-versio will be installed on the usb key?...
  3. MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?: Hi. If I create a Windows 10 usb installation image using the MediaCreation tool today dec 20th 2022, what build-versio will be installed on the usb key?...
  4. MediaCreation tool - what build-version will I get?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs: I have a month-old MCT I've used once to get an .iso. I know that the last one (.iso) I got was the latest (then) available version. In order to get the latest version available, do I need to get a newer MCT? I'm asking whether the MCTs are keyed to particular .iso's. Pro...
  6. mediacreation tool can't choose windows 10 pro edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mediacreation tool can't choose windows 10 pro edition?: Hello,I downloaded media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10I wanted to create a bootable installation windows 10 pro on a USB drive, but when I uncheck use the recommended options for this PC , I can't choose windows 10 pro? even...
  7. Windows version number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows version number: Where do I find out the current version number of my copy Windows 10? It used to be easy to find it under System. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-version-number/c609e266-2b26-460e-8b3b-eb70769d84f9
  8. Is there any way for me to download MediaCreation tool 1909?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way for me to download MediaCreation tool 1909?: I recently reinstalled my computer using MediaCreation tool 2004 however I noticed after installing my Network no longer sees the second computer I use. This has never happened before. It was literally working fine when I reinstalled it mid July after I built this new PC...
  9. windows 10 activation ... reinstalled windows by mediacreation tool....still shows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation ... reinstalled windows by mediacreation tool....still shows...: Hi, i had windows 8.1 onboard with my computer ... i updated to windows 10 home single language and later to windows 10 pro through windows website... it worked fine for these 3-4 years ... now there is an activation error.. i have reinstalled windows 10 through media...
  10. Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Launching MediaCreator tool causes BSoD (comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fts4kq/launching_mediacreator_tool_causes_bsod_comments/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media creation tool version numbers