Windows 10: windows metered connection ethernet

Discus and support windows metered connection ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Found some guide online about turning on metered connection on ethernet connection here and its need you to tweak regedit. My Question is, it is safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mikelferdinan, Apr 7, 2017.

1. windows metered connection ethernet

Found some guide online about turning on metered connection on ethernet connection here and its need you to tweak regedit. My Question is, it is safe to do this on ethernet connection because windows 10 only give you this option on wireless connection but since my internet speed very slow i need to considering it.
    Thanks in advance and excuse my english.

:)

mikelferdinan, Apr 7, 2017
  2. heathfieldchiswick, Apr 7, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 7, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

windows metered connection ethernet

We have a Tutorial on TenForums for that too.
    Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

Yes, it is safe, indeed from the Creators Update on you don't need to use regedit - it will be in Settings > Network & internet > Ethernet - then click on Local Area Connection.

windows metered connection ethernet [​IMG]

Bree, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

windows metered connection ethernet

1. windows metered connection ethernet - Similar Threads - metered connection ethernet

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered connection: My wifi says turn off metered connection but when i go to settings the wifi tab does not appear please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/f3e9f6a8-62a2-41b4-955f-ff35086fb242
  4. Metered Connections

Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  5. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  6. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  7. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...
  8. Setting ethernet as a metered connection no longer working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting ethernet as a metered connection no longer working: I recently upgraded from v1511 to 1607. It went well. Disappointed to find that many of my personal settings and preferences were reset to defaults. Still working through that nuisance. On 1511 I had set my ethernet connection to be metered as instructed here:...
  9. Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?: I would like to set a metered connection for Ethernet so that I don't have to sufffer the inopportune auto-updates and can instead update Windows when it's convenient for me. Alas, in Network & Internet > Ethernet, "Set metered connection" is greyed out. How do I enable this...
  10. Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10: How to: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10 [img] Information A metered connection is an Internet connection that has a data limit associated with it. Cellular data connections are set as metered by default. Wi-Fi and Ethernet network connections...