Windows 10: Windows.MiracastView Error?

Discus and support Windows.MiracastView Error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've started getting the Windows.MiracastView error shown below after the FCU. Have you any ideas what this is due to and how to fix it? Log Name:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Windows.MiracastView Error?

I've started getting the Windows.MiracastView error shown below after the FCU. Have you any ideas what this is due to and how to fix it?

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-AppReadiness/AdminSource: Microsoft-Windows-AppReadinessDate: 21/10/2017 08:44:10Event ID: 214Task Category: (1)Level: ErrorDescription:'Windows.MiracastView_cw5n1h2txyewy' uninstall failed for L: myname@outlook.com. Error: 'Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.' (0.5722091 seconds)Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppReadiness" Guid="{F0BE35F8-237B-4814-86B5-ADE51192E503}" /> <EventID>214</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>1</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-21T07:44:10.234184700Z" /> <EventRecordID>875</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="8036" ThreadID="8068" /> <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-AppReadiness/Admin</Channel> <Computer>Steve-Laptop</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="User">myname@outlook.com</Data> <Data Name="Package">Windows.MiracastView_cw5n1h2txyewy</Data> <Data Name="Operation">2</Data> <Data Name="Error">-2147009286</Data> <Data Name="Elapsed">0.5722091</Data> </EventData></Event>

:)

Steve C, Oct 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 and Start Menu Apps

Hi,

To remove an application in Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Windows PowerShell.
    • Type the following commands below and press Enter after typing each of the commands.
    To remove Connect:

Get-AppxPackage *PPIProjection* | Remove-AppxPackage

To remove Cortana:

taskkill /IM Cortana.exe /F

To remove Feedback Hub:

Get-AppxPackage *WindowsFeedbackHub* | Remove-AppxPackage

To remove Get Started:

Get-AppxPackage *Getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage

To remove Mixed Reality Portal:

Get-AppxPackage *HolographicFirstRun* | Remove-AppxPackage

To remove Wireless Media Display Viewer:

Get-AppxPackage *Windows.MiracastView* | Remove-AppxPackage

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Oct 20, 2017
  3. __Renji__ Win User
    How do reinstall built in app after Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage

Thank you for your response and your help.

I run your command:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | select name

Name

----

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.1

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.1

Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1

Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00

Microsoft.BioEnrollment

Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin

Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost

Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost

windows.immersivecontrolpanel

Microsoft.Windows.Cortana

Microsoft.AccountsControl

Microsoft.LockApp

Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge

Microsoft.Windows.AssignedAccessLockApp

Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager

Microsoft.Windows.SecondaryTileExperience

Microsoft.Windows.ParentalControls

Microsoft.WindowsFeedback

Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI

Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider

Windows.ContactSupport

Windows.MiracastView

Windows.PrintDialog

Windows.PurchaseDialog

windows.devicesflow

9E2F88E3.Twitter

king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.2

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.2

As you can see, Windowsstore is not present in the list of package.

It is normal because I have removed the package with: Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online

After this I have realised a sysprep, and I have started a new VM with this Windows image.

So my user account is created after the package has been removed before sysprep.

The solution is maybe to use the command: Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage

But I don't know where to find the Windows store package.

Thank you.

Regards,

__Renji__, Oct 20, 2017
  4. cbomb101 Win User

i have that to 'Windows.MiracastView_cw5n1h2txyewy' uninstall failed for L: zz@z.com. Error: 'Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.' (0.093755 seconds)

and this The Appx operation 'RemovePackageAsync' on 'Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy' failed for user 'zz@zz.com' - Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy from: failed with error 0x80070490. See Troubleshooting packaging, deployment, and query of Windows Store apps (Windows) for help diagnosing app deployment issues.. (Error: Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.)

cbomb101, Oct 20, 2017
  5. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Oct 20, 2017
  6. DaveH1 Win User
    I had this error too, and running the RestoreHealth command made no difference.
    All attempts to uninstall Miracast manually all failed too.
    I eventually got rid of the error messages by going here -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deleted\EndOfLife
    There was an entry for the Miracast app there, which showed just how many times the system had tried to remove it, so it looks as if the system was trying to delete it on boot as "End of Life" for some reason.
    I deleted its entry, and the errors went away.
    Why it's trying to delete Miracast I have no idea, I can only assume it's because my system doesn't support it.
    Anyway, although it appears in the apps list when viewed with Powershell, and says it's OK, there is no installed folder listed (it should be in C:\Windows\Miracast, which doesn't exist on my system) so I've no idea what its status actually is.
    Anyway it doesn't seem to be doing any harm, and at least the error messages have now gone away, let's hope they stay that way!
    Cheers, Dave.
    *Smile

DaveH1, Oct 28, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    Good tip. I had those entries and deleted them. I'll check what happens.

Steve C, Oct 29, 2017
  8. Gordon7 Win User

Miracast are used to connect to devices such as a smart TV or other devices via Wi-Fi!

It has been supported by Windows up to the Fall Creators version. There are other ways of connecting wireless to devices.

Only mobile phones or smart TV's that need Miracast, will be in for a problem, if it's not there!

I have made a back-up of the Miracast folder and the shortcut in start menu, just to be save.

Gordon7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows.MiracastView Error? - Similar Threads - MiracastView Error

2. System Performance Issues after HSN Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Performance Issues after HSN Error: What isa hsn error and will that slow your computer down. About 2 days ago my computer slowed down so much that is will take about 10 minutes to start and web pages will stop responding. I have Windows 11 and I bought this laptop in Nov 2023....
  3. System Performance Issues after HSN Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Performance Issues after HSN Error: What isa hsn error and will that slow your computer down. About 2 days ago my computer slowed down so much that is will take about 10 minutes to start and web pages will stop responding. I have Windows 11 and I bought this laptop in Nov 2023....
  4. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...: ya probe usar estos comandos y sigue sin funcionar, dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanupdism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthsfc /scannowtambien probe instalarlo de la forma ISO...
  5. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...: ya probe usar estos comandos y sigue sin funcionar, dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanupdism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthsfc /scannowtambien probe instalarlo de la forma ISO...
  6. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...: As month ago, I started getting bluescreens everytime I open my pc its a good one and new pc, and recently rebooted. Every time it gets the bluescreen on start, then it restarts and opens correctly. Also I started noticing that the task manager is low, opens in 5 to 10...
  8. Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...

Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...: As month ago, I started getting bluescreens everytime I open my pc its a good one and new pc, and recently rebooted. Every time it gets the bluescreen on start, then it restarts and opens correctly. Also I started noticing that the task manager is low, opens in 5 to 10...
  9. 0x80070643 Update error

0x80070643 Update error: Hello,I have read the threads in regard to the update error, it suggested you need the recovery to be at least 250 mg? OK, before delving into making it larger possibly nowhere have I seen yet how to see if it is bigger than 250?I know it is a little more than right clicking...
  10. Sysprep issue (miracastview)

Sysprep issue (miracastview): I know there has been a lot on this issue, But the workaround doesn't work. Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from When Syspreping window I get an error says " Package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy was installed for a user but not provisioned for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows miracast view error

2. appreadiness windows.immersivecontrolpanel