Windows 10: Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account

Discus and support Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I searched for a while and didn't find any results .. So my question is: Is it somehow possible to snyc 2 devices seperately with OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KowanSan, Feb 11, 2020.

1. KowanSan Win User

Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account

Hello, I searched for a while and didn't find any results ..

So my question is:

Is it somehow possible to snyc 2 devices seperately with OneDrive Desktop, Documents etc on the same Microsoft account ?

My issue is that I don't want all of my settings, desktop etc from my PC synced to my outdated Laptop so it has its own environment / settings etc ---> and I don't want to override my settings on my PC when I change something on my outdated laptop

Is there any way to achieve this without using 2 separate Microsoft accounts?

:)

KowanSan, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account :(

Zakin, Feb 11, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account - Similar Threads - Multiple users snycing

2. Multiple accounts with same fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple accounts with same fingerprint: I want add 11+ accounts with fingerprint entry, how to evade "That fingerprint has already been set up on another account" problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-accounts-with-same-fingerprint/011534e0-6c04-4615-8866-124fecd7a403
  3. Multiple accounts with same fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple accounts with same fingerprint: I want add 11+ accounts with fingerprint entry, how to evade "That fingerprint has already been set up on another account" problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-accounts-with-same-fingerprint/011534e0-6c04-4615-8866-124fecd7a403
  4. Multiple Comps with the same account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Comps with the same account.: I have been using the same Microsoft 10 account on my Desktop Comp, and two Laptops. I have someone who wants to use my one laptop, but my question is, if this person deletes the account on the one like completely gets rid of my account on the one laptop, will it remain on...
  5. Multiple passwords on the same user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple passwords on the same user?: Is it possible? submitted by /u/Baselmagdy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn2o1u/multiple_passwords_on_the_same_user/
  6. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  7. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  8. multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?: Is it OK to have 2 or 3 computers with the same xxxx.outlook .com log in credentials? Would it confuse matters for example computer #1 runs on Windows 10 Home with Office 2013 Home and Business and computer #2 has Windows 10 Pro with Office 2013 Home and Student? Would it be...
  9. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...
  10. Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account: Hello Guys, I have upgraded 3 devices from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home) Device Default OS Upgraded to HP Laptop Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 Home 64 Bit HP Desktop PC Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 32 Bit Windows 10 Home 32...