Windows 10: Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.

Discus and support Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory It didn't save last time now I keep getting a blue screen and windows won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nebzi_, Mar 30, 2020.

1. /u/nebzi_ Win User

Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.

Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory It didn't save last time now I keep getting a blue screen and windows won't properly boot I have already tried some advanced options and made a system restore but not working.

submitted by /u/nebzi_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nebzi_, Mar 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Need some help here with a boot error in Windows Vista.

msconfig.

boot tab.

highlight OS listing.

Delete.

Apply. Restart.

cadaveca, Mar 30, 2020
  3. riqrat Win User
    Msconfig changed and no more login

It comes up that it isn't available. It isn't in safemode and there is no item in the bcdedit list with safemode.

However, I was able to solve this.

Although I cannot get into safemode with F8 or holding shift-restart, I was able by shutting down my system 3 times by holding power switch on computer. It came up with options and that allowed me access to safemode. From there I win-r for run box and started msconfig to restore.

Thank you for trying.

riqrat, Mar 30, 2020
  4. trt740 Win User

Need some help here with a boot error in Windows Vista.

this worked big time thx.

trt740, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig. - Similar Threads - booting changing something

2. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  3. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  4. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows won't boot after changing MSConfig to fix another issue

Windows won't boot after changing MSConfig to fix another issue: I have had my PC for 5 years.Recently my computer started freezing up after an hourI ended up reinstalling windows while keeping all the apps/files. After completing updates, the desktop would keep flashing with my main user, the other was fine.I followed advice to fix this...
  6. MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order: In MSCONFIG Boot Tab is possible, change the order of the boot selection that appear when the system turns on ? Thank Hispa 168983
  7. WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration.: Hallo, I made a Fatal mistake. Inside of the Windows+R"msconfig" I changed the windows starting configuration. There was "WINDOWS 10 C:\Windows current operating system" and something else, I clicked on it. Saved the option and restartet my pc. It doesn't boot now :....
  8. Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.

Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory now I keep getting a blue screen and windows whe. I try to boot won't I have already tried some advanced options and made a windows restore so far nothing work can someone help me please and thankyou....
  9. Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change.: I cannot boot into the desktop. How do you reinstall without loosing the data / files? My PC was originally a Windows 7 and then run the Windows 10 free upgrade when my notification popped-up. It's been working fine for years and currently in 1803 as 1903 keep failing to...
  10. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...