Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer now non-existent following latest 'update' of Window 10

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer now non-existent following latest 'update' of Window 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Photo Viewer is my preferred application for viewing photos. The 'replacement' offering is simply too slow to be of any use whatsoever life is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sunnanadi, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Sunnanadi Win User

Windows Photo Viewer now non-existent following latest 'update' of Window 10

Windows Photo Viewer is my preferred application for viewing photos. The 'replacement' offering is simply too slow to be of any use whatsoever life is too short. Therefore I would be very grateful to learn how I can get Photo Viewer back most of the files have been deleted from Program Files and Program Files x86 and the utility for default app selection no longer recognizes Photo Viewer as a candidate for anything.

:)

Sunnanadi, Mar 15, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows Photo Viewer now non-existent following latest 'update' of Window 10 [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Photo Viewer now non-existent following latest 'update' of Window 10 - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer non

2. TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update: Excruciatingly slow response with every application. Apps hanging when opened. Operations take FOREVER to complete. Cold Boot multiple times has not solved anything. I have emptied Temp and %Temp% files. Internet extremely slow, too, though I realize this is not Windows'...
  3. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  4. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  5. No Windows photo viewer now, gone in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows photo viewer now, gone in Windows 10!: You have chosen to abandon Windows Photo Viewer an easy to use, quick loading way to scan an entire folder of photos and not made it available to any users, especially those who purchased a new machine with Windows 10 installed and no hopes of uncovering the old program in...
  6. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  7. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm trying to run the photo viewer that comes with Win10. It will not even open. When I try to run it I get a message that says "This app can't open." Not sure what to do or what information is needed. Thanks, Art...
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  9. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...
  10. BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

BSOD Following Latest Windows Update: I'm in a bit of a pickle in that the latest Update killed my rig. I get a stop report BSOD and Windows won't even boot. Back in the day, I would have just grabbed the Windows 7 DVD, re-installed and off I go. But I don't have a Windows 10 DVD and the licence key I have is...