Windows 10: windows photo viewer registry

Discus and support windows photo viewer registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pictures won't stay open how do I restore the windows photo viewer registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LoriPerst, Dec 4, 2019.

1. LoriPerst Win User

windows photo viewer registry

my pictures won't stay open

how do I restore the windows photo viewer registry

:)

LoriPerst, Dec 4, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

windows photo viewer

Reverting to Windows 7 from Windows 10 often does not work well. The usual recommendation is to do a clean install of Windows 7.

Your problem may be caused by the fact that Windows 10 doesn't have Windows Photo Viewer in the right-click context menu by default. Depending on how you got back to Windows 7 after having installed Windows 10, the necessary entries in your registry may
    still be missing. There is a reg file download to get Photo Viewer into the Windows 10 context menu, but I don't know if the registry entries in Windows 7 would be the same as those in Windows 10.

A. Before you get into registry edits, however, I assume you've done the following, but just in case you haven't ...

• Right-click on an image file and select Open with > Choose default program
    • If Windows Photo Viewer is listed, select it, make sure the box to "Always use this program to open this type of file" is checked, and click OK
    • If Windows Photo Viewer isn't in the list of "Recommended Programs" be sure to check in the list of "Other Programs" as well

B. You can also take a look in Control Panel:

• Click Start, type Default Programs into the Search box, and press Enter
    • Click "Set your default programs"
    • Scroll down to Windows Photo Viewer is in the list, select it, and then click either "Set this program as default" or "Choose defaults for this program"

C. If you did the above and Photo Viewer wasn't listed anywhere, first make sure that you have the necessary files (you probably do).

Look in C:\Program Files (and, if you have a 64-bit system, also look in C:\Program Files (x86)

• Do you have a folder named WindowsPhotoViewer ?

windows photo viewer registry 6699b540-4491-4459-a9bb-447eb54c1fd7?upload=true.jpg

D. Then back up your registry. Probably the easiest method is to make a System Restore point. Click Start, type Create Restore into the Search box, and press Enter. Follow the prompts to create a manual restore point.

E. Go here: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/restore-windows-photo-viewer-in-windows-10.9741/#option2

Download "Restore_Windows_Photo_Viewer_ALL_USERS.reg" by clicking the button in "Step 2"

Follow steps 5 through 8. For step 9, do the steps in part A
    above.

If you get odd behavior or this method just doesn't work, use System Restore to restore the registry from your manual restore point.
    Don't wait too long to decide to do this -- restore points do get deleted after some time. Click Start, type System Restore into the Search box, and press Enter.

LemP, Dec 4, 2019
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

windows photo viewer registry [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Dec 4, 2019
  4. hbenthow Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Brink, are there any risks to any of these methods? Would using any of them run any risk of damaging the registry in a way that could cause BSODs or any other type of issue?

Also, I have a question regarding this particular method:

I noticed that you said that it causes Windows Photo Viewer to be listed twice in "Open With". Is this at all problematic? Is it a sign of any sort of registry damage or corruption? And does it matter which one of the two instances of Windows Photo Viewer one selects from the "Open With" menu, or do each of them provide identical results?

And unless I'm mistaken, the advantage of using this particular method is that it allows one to view files in the order of (for example) date modified, name, size, etc (whichever way the folder is currently sorted in Windows Explorer), which the other methods of restoring Photos Viewer do not allow one to do. Is this correct?

hbenthow, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. windows photo viewer registry - Similar Threads - photo viewer registry

2. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo viewer: today when opening up a photo with windows photo viewer i noticed something i did not get the other day. now hen i open up a photo I t says loading on every picture i hit as of Friday i had sent a photo from my email to my desktop and opened it it came right up now that same...
  3. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  4. windows photo viewer

windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  5. WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER

WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER: PHOTO VIEWER is not working today. I have Windows 10 and have been using the Windows Photo Viewer all the time. Today it will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-photo-viewer/6354ab2c-b48b-440a-be57-c281a1389cd8
  6. Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Viewer: Windows Photo Viewer freezes every time I upload photos from my iPhone. This has been a problem for months Is it a common problem? This needs to be fixed ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer/848f0891-177c-4db4-a03e-7eee4f4a5a81
  7. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows photo viewer: Is it still available to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer/9df65b62-bc91-4e3e-a3f0-d40140633415
  8. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  9. W10 default photo viewer registry location

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 default photo viewer registry location: W10 choose a default photo viewer doesn't let me select a program from my computer only from the app store. On top of that if I select my program using Open With and set it as the default W10 disregards it the next time I open a jpg file. According to the internet this...
  10. windows photo viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows photo viewer: I have just had to reset my computer and have lost windows photo viewer. It's difficult to find a simple viewer, not necessarily an editor, to merely open my photos to screen size or thereabouts and view them. A slide show ability would preferably as well. Can anybody help me...