Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The background color of my Windows Photo Viewer has always been black until a few days ago when I opened it to look at some pictures and found that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Photo Viewer Question, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Windows Photo Viewer

The background color of my Windows Photo Viewer has always been black until a few days ago when I opened it to look at some pictures and found that the background was now white?

Did I inadvertently do this myself?

How can I change it back?

Thanks!

:)

Photo Viewer Question, Oct 21, 2018
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows Photo Viewer [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Windows Photo Viewer

Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows Photo Viewer

1. Windows Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer

2. Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default: Since the last update I can not seem to use IrfanView 64 anymore as my default photo viewer. It has been taken from my list of apps, I am given a small selection including windows store. It seems Microsoft have blocked me from using IrfanView 64 as my default. The Microsoft...
  3. Windows photo viewer keeps changing the color

Windows photo viewer keeps changing the color: Hi! I have issue that windows photo viewer (the hidden program, not the app) changes colors of photos. I heard it has something to do with color profiles. So I opened Colour Management and removed all profiles for all monitors. Didnt notice any effects on monitors themselves...
  4. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: Hello again, I guess in my zealousness to remove the default apps, I must have also deleted the old photo viewer. I searched and everything I find says to download it from the store, my problem is that I also removed the store. Anyone know of a place to download the old...
  5. Photo Viewer Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo Viewer Application: Recently I've noticed that every time I try and double click a photo the photo viewer application I guess bugs out and tells me "The app didn't start". No matter what I've done I haven't been able to fix it and it's really starting to get on my nerves at this point. Need help...
  6. The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...

The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...: I have lost the scroll arrow in a photo file but noticed it is still there in others. Currently, i need to close out of each photo and select the next by thumbnail. I have tried multiple fixes while researching this online. I have reset the app, I restored to an earlier date,...
  7. photo viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    photo viewer: can i use previous photo viewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer/0103b8e3-3467-4987-8c9b-fda3bcbf725f"
  8. Windows Photo Viewer hide top toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photo Viewer hide top toolbar: In the past when viewing a photo in the Windows Photo app, I was able to left click once to hide the top toolbar. The toolbar with the "See all photos", and "Edit & Create" buttons. Left clicking does not seem to work anymore, and the top toolbar obstructs the top portion of...
  9. Cannot hide top toolbar in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot hide top toolbar in windows photo viewer.: Hi, I am currently having difficulty in hiding the top toolbar in Windows 10 photo viewer. In the past I could click the space bar to hide the toolbar, but that isn't working anymore. I already tried to repair the photo viewer app and reset the app back to default, but the...
  10. Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad

Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad: Win 10 Pro, 1809, clean w10 install. I updated the registry with Edwin's code (Is Windows Photo Viewer gone? thread, 25 Jul 2015). All changes made to registry, but Windows Photo Viewer is still not an option in default apps (or default apps by file type) so can't change from...