Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The background color of my Windows Photo Viewer has always been black until a few days ago when I opened it to look at some pictures and found that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Photo Viewer Question, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Photo Viewer Question Win User

Windows Photo Viewer

The background color of my Windows Photo Viewer has always been black until a few days ago when I opened it to look at some pictures and found that the background was now white?

Did I inadvertently do this myself?

How can I change it back?

Thanks!

:)

Photo Viewer Question, Oct 21, 2018
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows Photo Viewer [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Likhitha V Win User

Windows Photo Viewer

Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows Photo Viewer

1. Windows Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer

2. Win 10 Photo viewer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Photo viewer not working: I don't know what happened but for the past week or so the Win 10 Photo Viewer App has quit working. I've done a search on this and it seems like others are having the same problem. I've tried resetting the app, no luck, tried the troubleshooter, no luck, I even uninstalled...
  3. windows photo viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows photo viewer: I have just had to reset my computer and have lost windows photo viewer. It's difficult to find a simple viewer, not necessarily an editor, to merely open my photos to screen size or thereabouts and view them. A slide show ability would preferably as well. Can anybody help me...
  4. Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...?

Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...?: Hi I got windows photo viewer going via the registry hacks (way to go microsoft) but now its gone again in settings "Choose default apps by file type" I can right click and see WPV as an option (for jpg but not jpeg) but if I select it it bounces back to the stupid Photos...
  5. Is the photo viewer in earlier Windows 8, different the windows 10? I prefer the earlier...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is the photo viewer in earlier Windows 8, different the windows 10? I prefer the earlier...: Is the photo viewer in earlier Windows 8, different the windows 10? I prefer the earlier version, can I get it on the windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-photo-viewer-in-earlier-windows-8-different/47538f64-1601-4751-beed-39e88d0e77d2"
  6. White background color on windows photo viewer

White background color on windows photo viewer: Hello I have a problem with windows photo viewer.... my background changed to white and i hate it... how can i change it back to black?[ATTACH]...
  7. My photo viewer does not show the pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My photo viewer does not show the pictures: My photo viewer does not show the pictures. I click on the extra large view button and nothing happens, so I clicked on the large view button, on and on but none of the pictures show up. How can I get that fixed?...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer can't be set as default on fresh install Windows 10.0.17763.1 (1809)

Windows Photo Viewer can't be set as default on fresh install Windows 10.0.17763.1 (1809): Customer Service asked me to post this here to see if anyone knew anything about it. I've been able to set it as default up to 17134.376 (1803) but after I did a fresh reinstall of 1809 from USB I'm no longer able to get the setting to stick. I've tried doing things the...
  9. photo viewer default application not able to change

photo viewer default application not able to change: Hai, I have installed Paint.net some time ago. After that my default application change to that program. Whatever I had tried to change it back to the Photo Viewer, nothing is happening. After I go to System -> Default applications and change application for Photos, my...
  10. How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10: How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10. My not accept photos fro my Canon elf vamera which ate not .jpeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-photo-viewer-in-windows-10/7354905c-2e0f-4725-b84a-31053608623c