Windows 10: windows photo viewer

Discus and support windows photo viewer in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have just had to reset my computer and have lost windows photo viewer. It's difficult to find a simple viewer, not necessarily an editor, to merely... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mollie1950, Nov 11, 2018.

1. windows photo viewer

I have just had to reset my computer and have lost windows photo viewer. It's difficult to find a simple viewer, not necessarily an editor, to merely open my photos to screen size or thereabouts and view them. A slide show ability would preferably as well. Can anybody help me out on that one please.

:)

mollie1950, Nov 11, 2018
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

windows photo viewer [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Nov 11, 2018
  4. windows photo viewer

Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

windows photo viewer

1. windows photo viewer - Similar Threads - photo viewer

2. .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer: Hi all, I'm having an issue viewing some .tiffs in Windows Photo Viewer. When I open the image, the preview is the correct color. However, when the image finishes loading, it turns the entire window pink. I've tried correcting the color profile through the Color Management...
  3. Windows 10 Photo Viewer crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer crashes: I receive photos of the field teams at work sites and I have used the built-in photo viewer to view them. I did it routinely for months on this project. Now, suddenly, when I open the photo and try to select File Information, the display program hangs and then hangs....
  4. Photo Viewer is glitching?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer is glitching?: Following the most recent windows 10 update, I tried scrolling through a folder full of pictures using Photo. To my dismay, the program was creating doubles of images, and what I mean by that is, in the actual folder where the pictures are stored, there exists only one copy...
  5. Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...: I'm having this issue and the standard "fix" that I find everywhere does not work. https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/windows_photo_viewer_can%e2%80%99t_display_this_picture.html (THIS DOESN'T WORK) I'm getting extremely frustrated by this. How is it possible that...
  6. Windows10; Microsoft Photo Viewer issues with Printing

Windows10; Microsoft Photo Viewer issues with Printing: When I open a Picture...jpg; it opens in Microsoft Photo Viewer Application. If I go to print the picture I get "Your printer has experienced Ox8007007e an unexpected configuration problem". Printer prints fine from all other application and sources...... If I don't...
  7. Restoring Windows Photo Viewer After cleaning up bloat apps on Win 10

Restoring Windows Photo Viewer After cleaning up bloat apps on Win 10: I need to restore the Windows Photo Viewer (deleted app) on Windows 10. I removed all pre-installed apps including the Store. I used the following command from answers.microsoft.com but got errors: Command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  8. Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer

Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer: Hi I like to use Windows Photo App in a FastStone ImageViewer like "Open with" command. I can add all other programs from MIcrosoft Store but not Photos app. Is there any chance to do it? I use this path: C:\Program...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer window size when started always full size not....

Windows Photo Viewer window size when started always full size not....: In Windows 7 when I double-clicked on a picture, it displayed the size I left it last time I used it. Now, it's always full screen size regardless of what size I had it set up before. I'm sure there is a registry hack available to fix this (is there)? Thanks! 139908
  10. Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?: I'm trying to skip *.arw files in Windows Photo Viewer since I shoot in RAW and JPG on my camera. The "Linked duplicates" function doesn't work for ARW files, so I was wondering if there is something I can do to skip RAW/ARW files since they take a couple seconds to load and...