Windows 10: windows photo viewer

Discus and support windows photo viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys How do i get back my old windows photo viewer, when updated to windows 10 it has now disappeared, Thanks 85002 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chippyman, May 20, 2017.

1. chippyman Win User

windows photo viewer

Hi Guys
    How do i get back my old windows photo viewer, when updated to windows 10 it has now disappeared, Thanks

:)

chippyman, May 20, 2017
  2. Vashnik Win User

Setting Defaults Broken: Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Here is what Windows Photo Viewer shows that it supports:

Snaggy - easy screenshots

Windows Photo Viewer can be from the "Choose default apps by file type." In fact, here is the list of Windows Photo Associations and how they're being associated with in the "Choose default apps by file type" window:

BMP is associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but does not show up as selected in the above screenshot.

DIB is supported by Windows Photo Viewer and is not associated with it, despite Windows Photo Viewer being the default program for photos.

GIF is supported, but is associated with the "Photos" Windows 10 app, now is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JFIF is supported, but is not associated with any application at all, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JPE is supported, but is associated with WavePad Sound Editor, now is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JPG and JPEG both are associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but does not show as selected in the above screenshot like it's supposed to.

JXR is supported, but is associated with VideoPad Video Editor, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

PNG is associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but not selected in the above screenshot like it's supposed to be.

TIF and TIFF both are associated with Windows Photo Viewer and is selected like in the screenshot above.

WDP is supported, but is associated with VideoPad Video Editor, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

Vashnik, May 20, 2017
  3. I want the old Widows Picture Viewer loaded on my new computer.

Windows Photo Viewer never included any cropping tool, unless you are referring to Photo Viewer.

If you are referring to Microsoft Paint, its still there.

Click Start > All Apps > Windows Accessories > Paint

As for Photo Viewer, see the following:

How to Restore Missing Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

windows photo viewer

Thema:

windows photo viewer

1. windows photo viewer - Similar Threads - photo viewer

2. opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers: Hi there, I have an issue here. When i dubble klick on a photo jpg, normaly an app activates photo viewer and you can view the photo. But here i only get the popup screen to choose your app before the photo will displayed When i choose the app i want, and saving it,...
  3. What is the name of this old photo viewer app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the name of this old photo viewer app?: Hey guys, So im trying really hard to remember this old photo viewing app , maybe XP, that could view pictures like a TV wall, kind of like sideways and you could scroll this giant tv wall of photos. I cant remember the name of it, and most of all is it still around? Anybody...
  4. Application close immediately Microsoft store, photo viewer, camera, get help, etc.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Application close immediately Microsoft store, photo viewer, camera, get help, etc.: Please Help! when i want to open a photo, it says: [ATTACH] I thought i need to update the app then i open microsoft store. i can click microsoft store but then it close by itself. so i try to open another default application like camera, 3D viewer, feedback hub,...
  5. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo viewer: Hi! This problem is listed as resolved in the forum, but the given solutions did not work for me. I have Photos the preferred MS app for this function selected as my default Photo Viewer and yet I cannot open .jpg files. Why doesn't the MS product work with Windows 10?...
  6. Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update

Microsoft Photos/ Windows Photo Viewer Not Opening the jpg/jpeg files after April 2019 Update: Hi Team, My personal files were missing after the April 2019 Update. I took my laptop to Microsoft Store for the Recovery. The store engineers were able to recover the data after three months of waiting. After that I have not logged into my laptop until last week. When I...
  7. Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive

Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive: Looks like I'm one of the many people having issues with the new photo app in Windows 10 on PC. When we first bought these Dell computers the photo viewer worked like it was supposed to work. After an automatic update it stopped working properly. There are no scroll arrows to...
  8. Windows photo viewer skips some pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photo viewer skips some pictures: I am using the default photo viewer on Windows 10. I have been looking through thousands of photos. They are in folders in My Pictures, with about 400-1500 per folder. Especially with the bigger folders, it will show the first few photos fine, but eventually it will skip a...
  9. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: I have the same problem as mslacat2363 September 2019 I can attach a file to my data actually, just the file link, the original file remains on disk. My program needs to know what type of file it is. It uses: E = String260, Chr0 i = FindExecutablesFilePath,...
  10. Problem with Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Windows Photo Viewer: I've been having a problem with "Windows Photo Viewer" or "Microsoft Photos" or "Photos" where the "Next" buttons on the sides of the image viewing window won't appear. I can't even use the mouse scroll wheel for this function when this happens either. This problem seems to...