Windows 10: Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working

Discus and support Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This error keeps showing up when i open calculator or photos. It says they've been updating but this happened 2 weeks ago and it still happens. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robertstaiculescu, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working

This error keeps showing up when i open calculator or photos. It says they've been updating but this happened 2 weeks ago and it still happens. I tried checking for updates but nothing happened. How can i fix it? Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working 7995e967-f8cd-495e-8c73-c886b23ea355?upload=true.png

:)

robertstaiculescu, Apr 6, 2019

2. Photos and Calculator apps not working, Surface Pro 4, Windows 10

Hi

My photos and calculator apps stopped working all of a sudden on surface pro 4 running on windows 10. When I click on a picture, I see warning message "the app did not start", and the app doesn't start. Same with calculator app.

Please suggest.

Vivek

Vivek Gupta (guptav), Apr 6, 2019
  3. Chris8875 Win User
    Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

OK, so I've tried both suggestions above from Brink

The first one: Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - zoomed through as per the pictures shown in the link. Got to the end, showed this screen

Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working [​IMG]

Went back, tried to open the apps in question - no change.

Second option - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - I went to the site as directed, downloaded the link to the app, hit YES at the UAC and it didn't do any updating at all. It came up immediately that my copy of Windows was up to date and directed me to exit. No change, nothing fixed.

However, I have taken a second screenshot as below. You'll see on the left in the apps list there's a whole heap of apps which don't work (under my profile, no-one elses) listed under "Other" with codes and what seem to be error messages beside them (they look like package IDs to me, but anyway) . You'll also notice in looking at the tile for the store that there is a code on it which also appears when I endeavour to launch the app.

App then crashes. Similar story with all the other apps.

Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working [​IMG]

I'm at a loss to be honest. I thought the second option would work, but it actually downloads nothing at all (maybe the link has changed, I don't know).

Do these screenshots offer any insights?

Thanks so much.

Chris8875, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working

Calculator app not working on Windows 10

Hi. I found the solution for me. It is the same as for an issue I had with the built in photos app. It seems that when some apps are being updated the previous version registry keys are not being deleted. I followed the steps shown in the link below for
    the photos app issue but substituted calculator for photos. I found 6 entries for calculator in the registry - 2 from a previous version and 4 from a newer version. I deleted the previous version entries (follow the instructions on taking ownership) and
    now have a working calculator app again.

Hope this helps

Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry" JPEG

nickhudson2000, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working

1. Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working - Similar Threads - Photos Calculator apps

2. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...: I changed the AppData directory path to 'E:\AppData' since the C drive was about full.I changed it in the regedit too, but now some of the Windows apps are not working.Used this question: How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive - Microsoft...
  3. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...: I changed the AppData directory path to 'E:\AppData' since the C drive was about full.I changed it in the regedit too, but now some of the Windows apps are not working.Used this question: How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive - Microsoft...
  4. Calculator app is not working

Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  5. Calculator app is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  6. Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11

Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11: I didn't have these available to me in Windows 10 now on Windows 11 they are still not available tried using PowerShell to uninstall/reinstall it's not working. Unable to download from Windows Store can anybody help...
  7. Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11: I didn't have these available to me in Windows 10 now on Windows 11 they are still not available tried using PowerShell to uninstall/reinstall it's not working. Unable to download from Windows Store can anybody help...
  8. Calculator and Photo Apps

Calculator and Photo Apps: Is anyone else having issues with the Photos and Calculator apps not operating? Each time I start up both my Pc and my laptop neither app works, I just get a Windows error message. I have to go into each of the app settings and terminate it, reset it then repair it for them...
  9. Windows Apps not working calculator, windows store, photo view, etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps not working calculator, windows store, photo view, etc: I purchased a new Microsoft Surface and from the first time I used it the windows store, calculator, photo viewer and other windows apps would try to open and immediately crash. The icons looked strange in the menus. I tried all the listed resolutions from other threads,...
  10. Many Windows Apps like calculator, photos, and store not working.

Many Windows Apps like calculator, photos, and store not working.: Hello all, I am new here and have never posted before so sorry if I do something wrong. I previously I had a problem with the start button and Cortana not working and I did some research and fixed that issue. Unfortunately I cannot recall how I fixed this issue. I think I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to re-register microsoft photos app and calculator app

2. photos and calculator not working