Windows 10: Windows Photos autorotate RAW portrait images after 3 seconds

Discus and support Windows Photos autorotate RAW portrait images after 3 seconds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello MS :-) I've been using windows for a while and I love some of the default apps, especially the Photos. But about couple days back, I've noticed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JerryCzech86, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Windows Photos autorotate RAW portrait images after 3 seconds

Hello MS Windows Photos autorotate RAW portrait images after 3 seconds :)

I've been using windows for a while and I love some of the default apps, especially the Photos. But about couple days back, I've noticed, that when I import my photos from my camera (Nikon D3100) which were made in portrait mode, the Windows Explorer will show them portrait, which is fine. But then I start to open them in Photos, and it stays in portrait like for 2 seconds and then turn 90 deg. clockwise automatically. It does that only for RAW(NEF) at least that's my observation. And I'm pretty sure, about month ago, this didn't happened. Not sure what settings to change in Photos to stop doing that. Let me know. Photos version "2019.19021.18010.0"

have a great day

:)

JerryCzech86, Apr 21, 2019

2. Microsoft Photo App auto rotating raw image files from portrait to landscape

Since the latest update of the Photo App (2019.19021.18010.0) raw image files which are originally in portrait format are automatically rotated to landscape view and the manual rotation is disabled. This only applies to raw images and not to formats such
    as .jpg or .png.

The issue is only present in the view mode of the app while the image appears correctly in the editing mode.

Is there a way of disabling set auto rotation or a work around of stopping the app from doing that?

(Feedback was already given via Feedback Hub)

MoritzErnst, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files

Lately whenever I open a raw file (CR2) in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc and nothing works.

Has anyone seen this?

Windows 10 (1809, build 17763.404)

Photos version 2019.19021.18010.0

Andy Bertaut, Apr 21, 2019
  4. iko22 Win User

Windows Photos autorotate RAW portrait images after 3 seconds

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows Photos autorotate RAW portrait images after 3 seconds [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos autorotate RAW portrait images after 3 seconds

1. Windows Photos autorotate RAW portrait images after 3 seconds - Similar Threads - Photos autorotate RAW

2. Raw image development with Windows Photos application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw image development with Windows Photos application?: Hi everybody,I am using Window 10 Professional - Version 22H2 I see that it is possible to view or open ? a Raw image using the Windows Photos application. Is it the Jpeg image incorporated into the Raw or really an interpretation of the Raw data by the application? In other...
  3. Raw image development with Windows Photos application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raw image development with Windows Photos application?: Hi everybody,I am using Window 10 Professional - Version 22H2 I see that it is possible to view or open ? a Raw image using the Windows Photos application. Is it the Jpeg image incorporated into the Raw or really an interpretation of the Raw data by the application? In other...
  4. After updating to Windows 11 22H2, Microsoft Photos app rotates any portrait image to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to Windows 11 22H2, Microsoft Photos app rotates any portrait image to the...: After updating to Windows 11 22H2, Microsoft Photos app flips any portrait image to the right 90 degress. When opeing an image that is in PORTRAIT layout in Microsoft Photos since the update, rotates the image to the right 90 degress. Why is this happening and how do I fix...
  5. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  6. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  7. Microsoft Photo roates portrait images to landscape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photo roates portrait images to landscape: I'm running Windows 10 and it keeps auto rotating images captured in portrait orientation to landscape orientation. I'm then looking at a sideways image. Images are in raw arw format. I have tried to "reset" , "repair" and uninstall and install Photo app but still does not...
  8. Auto-Enhance and Modification of RAW Images in the Photos App

Auto-Enhance and Modification of RAW Images in the Photos App: Hello. I am an amateur photographer and I use the Photos app to quickly preview all the bulk photos I took and most often to select the best photograph of a certain composition to edit it later. However, Photos re-adjusts the images and auto-enhances them, changing...
  9. Microsoft Photo App auto rotating raw image files from portrait to landscape

Microsoft Photo App auto rotating raw image files from portrait to landscape: Since the latest update of the Photo App (2019.19021.18010.0) raw image files which are originally in portrait format are automatically rotated to landscape view and the manual rotation is disabled. This only applies to raw images and not to formats such as .jpg or .png. The...
  10. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files

Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files: Lately whenever I open a raw file (CR2) in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc and nothing works. Has anyone seen this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raw image extension