Windows 10: Windows seems to have lost the ability to install programs/apps. I receive ERROR Messages...

Discus and support Windows seems to have lost the ability to install programs/apps. I receive ERROR Messages... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1909 & 2902 save failed 0X80070002 I use Libre Office. They offered an Up-Date I deleted 5.4 Libre Office and attempted to apply the Up-Date. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lex GRANT, Oct 4, 2018.

1. lex GRANT Win User

Windows seems to have lost the ability to install programs/apps. I receive ERROR Messages...

1909 & 2902 save failed 0X80070002

I use Libre Office.

They offered an Up-Date

I deleted 5.4 Libre Office and attempted to apply the Up-Date.

The new Program Downloads A-Okay around 15 Minutes happening.

However on using their Wizard to Install the above ERROR comes up.

I have researched to my capabilities on the Net

Both Libre Office & Windows Sites as well as the general Internet

and have tried many many times and ways to install as best told

or referred to .......................... lex

Somehow it boils down to a Missing..............IPersistFile (MSI)?????

that supports all Wizard download Installers.

To my knowledge I didn't delete any Files prior.

I am running the lastest Windows Up-Date.

:)

lex GRANT, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Moirty Win User

Lost the ability to update Windows

There are a number of us in the Windows Insider Program that have lost the ability to update Windows. There are some variations on the theme but, basically, Win10 will download the package and say that there is an update that needs a reboot to install. The install/reboot options are shown both in Settings-Windows-Update as well as in the power down options. However, if any of these options is selected, Windows will seemingly just restart (no indications of an update such as % counts or an error message). If needed, Defender definition files typically install as expected (no errors).

Perhaps we are at the point where we will need to concede to a rebuild *Devil but I thought I would see if anyone here might have a thought.

For my specific situation:
    • Currently on Win10 1803 Build 17711
    • Windows has downloaded and is trying to install Build 17723 (the most current fast ring version)
    • MS Surface Pro 4 i5 with 8GB RAM and >100GB of drive space
    • Other than MS programs (e.g. Defender) there are no other anti-virus, malware or similar products

Although I may be forgetting a few things, I have tried most everything I could find online including the following (most of them several times in varying sequence):
    • Run the Win Update Troubleshooter (errors were found and fixed...green checkmarks)
    • Running the batch file in this tutorial (which completes successfully and will have the effect of causing Windows to redownload the installation files)
    • Manually stopping and restarting bits, wuausrv, appidsvc, cryptsvc
    • Deleting or renaming ...\SoftwareDistribution and ...\catroot2 folders
    • Running SFC and DISM
    • Pausing auto-update for several days
    • Disabling download-from-other-PCs option

*Banghead

Thanks much for any additional thoughts.
    -bs

Moirty, Oct 4, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Lost ability to remote

Hi,

One possible reason why those programs stopped working after an update is because of compatibility issues. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any specific error messages when using these programs?
    • Have you tried performing any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you check with the program developer's support site if their programs are compatible with your current Windows version?

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Windows seems to have lost the ability to install programs/apps. I receive ERROR Messages...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows seems to have lost the ability to install programs/apps. I receive ERROR Messages...

1. Windows seems to have lost the ability to install programs/apps. I receive ERROR Messages... - Similar Threads - seems lost ability

2. Why Have I Been Receiving This Error Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Have I Been Receiving This Error Message: I have been receiving the error message, Dump File Creation Failed During Dump Creation. Then after that message my pc crashes and when I try to turn it on I get, Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. I have just been unplugging all of the power from my pc...
  3. Why Have I Been Receiving This Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Have I Been Receiving This Error Message: I have been receiving the error message, Dump File Creation Failed During Dump Creation. Then after that message my pc crashes and when I try to turn it on I get, Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. I have just been unplugging all of the power from my pc...
  4. Program won't work, receives Microsoft error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program won't work, receives Microsoft error message: Need a fix, for some reason I cannot get my StatTrak Address Manger to work after installing Windows 11. The error message I get is: A Microsoft Software Installer error was encountered. H80004023. Please help...
  5. Program won't work, receives Microsoft error message

Program won't work, receives Microsoft error message: Need a fix, for some reason I cannot get my StatTrak Address Manger to work after installing Windows 11. The error message I get is: A Microsoft Software Installer error was encountered. H80004023. Please help...
  6. Lost ability to change permissions for Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost ability to change permissions for Program Files x86: I somehow lost my administrator permissions to control initiate Program Files x86. I have reset my permissions from the C: folder, but when I go to the Program Files x86 folder I am not able to edit permissions. The check boxes are grayed out for all Groups and User Names....
  7. I received this message: The user cancelled the app installation

I received this message: The user cancelled the app installation: I received this message: The user cancelled the app installation 0x80070642 "Prowritingaid", when I tried to download the Prowriting app. Any suggestions?...
  8. Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue: I have a week or so old laptop. I had put it on sleep mode, but when I came back, it had shutdown. When I tried turning it on, it showed the logo (Lenovo) and then blackscreen. Happened a lot of times (I force shut it down) then I opened the emergency thingy, where it gives...
  9. Apps seem to have lost the ability to use temp dirrectory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps seem to have lost the ability to use temp dirrectory: Greetings. I'm not sure how to describe te issue better as it never happened before, not did I hear about anyething like this, but I'll try my best. I've installed a couple apps that required restart. Specifically HTTracker and Visual Studio. I decided not to restart and...
  10. I seem to have lost my touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I seem to have lost my touch: I cannot get touch and inking to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC's touch screen. I have used it before, but now I cannot remember if I have missed out something to activate it again. I can draw and scribble with the mouse but not with my (basic) stylus or fingers, either in the...