Windows 10: Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv

Discus and support Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, hope you can answer on this one: I have purchase my office suit with via my business account. However, when I log in to my windows , it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SwissExcel, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv

Hi all,
    hope you can answer on this one:

I have purchase my office suit with via my business account. However, when I log in to my windows , it is linking my onedrive to my personal L: x.xx@hotmail.com (which is my microsoft ID)

even tough I sign out from L: x.xx@hotmail.com and then signing in my business account (and asking the system always to maintain this choise) - whenever I restart my computer - it links me with L: x.xx@hotmail.com one-drive

How can I change it ? I would like my business one-drive to be linked always and automatically to my windows on set up

Swiss Excel

:)

SwissExcel, Dec 1, 2016

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 for One Drive for Business Users

I am running Windows 8.1 and One Drive for Business (rather than the out of the box One Drive that came with Windows). How will upgrading to Windows 10 affect this? Is standard One Drive embedded in Windows 10? Will my files have to be migrated to a
    new version of One Drive for Business? Should I expect a longer time period for the upgrade? Confirm that One Drive for Business will still be an available option.

ChuckHornaday, Dec 1, 2016
  3. GordonB-P Win User
    one-drive personal

I wasn't aware that you could sign in to Onedrive using a non-Microsoft account...

Where exactly are you seeing this Yahoo email?

GordonB-P, Dec 1, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv

You can have multiple OneDrive accounts linked and synced at the same time, one personal OneDrive account (like your Hotmail account) and one or more OneDrive for Business accounts.

Right click OneDrive icon in notification area, select Settings:

Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv [​IMG]

Under Account tab, select Add an account:

Enter your Office 365 for Business email address, click Sign in:

Notice that as you can only link to one personal OneDrive, the button Personal is greyed out when personal OneDrive is already set up. Click Work or school:

Next prompt will ask your password. Enter it and click Sign in:

Select your verification method (text message, call, mobile Authenticator app):

Enter the verification code. The max amount of days before you have to verify again is depending on your organisation's Azure AD security settings. Select Don't ask again for XX days, click Sign in:

That's it. Windows creates now a folder for your OneDrive for Business in your user folder. The Taskbar notification area shows a white OneDrive icon for your personal account, and a blue icon for each Onedrive for Business account you have set up:

By default the personal OneDrive folder in your user folder is named as OneDrive (shown as OneDrive - Personal in File Explorer's navigation pane) and business OneDrive as OneDrive - OrganisationName (same name shown in navigation pane and user folder):

When you want to unlink / remove any of linked OneDrives from your PC, see this tutorial: OneDrive - Unlink in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Dec 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv

1. Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv - Similar Threads - setup direct personal

2. Linking personal and business One Drive accounts to work and personal computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking personal and business One Drive accounts to work and personal computers: Hello,I have connected my personal and work/business One Drive accounts to my work laptop. I just got a brand new personal laptop with a new personal Microsoft 365 subscription and connected my personal One Drive, but could automatically see files from my work One Drive even...
  3. Linking personal and business One Drive accounts to work and personal computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking personal and business One Drive accounts to work and personal computers: Hello,I have connected my personal and work/business One Drive accounts to my work laptop. I just got a brand new personal laptop with a new personal Microsoft 365 subscription and connected my personal One Drive, but could automatically see files from my work One Drive even...
  4. One Drive Personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Personal: I have files that I cannot access because they are in my One Drive Personal folder which is not connected. I have gone to all the chats to reconnect my One Drive to my file folder but it is not helping. Please help me...
  5. One Drive Personal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Personal: I have files that I cannot access because they are in my One Drive Personal folder which is not connected. I have gone to all the chats to reconnect my One Drive to my file folder but it is not helping. Please help me...
  6. One Drive Personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Bad Request for one driv

Bad Request for one driv: HOw can I fix this problem, I can not get to sites in Edge.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-request-for-one-driv/e2d38cce-c1a7-4456-a738-a56abb4decc4
  8. Personal Vault (One Drive)

Personal Vault (One Drive): I must get my laptop serviced. For security, I copied all files to Personal Vault and deleted them on my laptop. But as PV is visible in File Explorer, a 3rd party will be able to see all file and doc names. Acrobat files do not open unless I sign in to PV, but Excel and Word...
  9. One Drive Personal Premium

One Drive Personal Premium: If I buy the OneDrive Premium am I getting an upgrade for Windows or for Office365? I already have OneDrive Business but reading the features of OneDrive Premium it sounds like it has the ones I want and those same features are not part of Business OneDrive which sounds a...
  10. One Drive setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive setup: I can not select the folders to sync because OK is not selectable. I have rebooted multiple times and OK is never highlighted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-setup/5e5ab226-5876-4121-b1b6-80e4ce5e0d75