Windows 10: Windows spotlight does not work

Discus and support Windows spotlight does not work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; windows spotlight is not showing any pictures what can I do to repair it Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CharanSainath, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Windows spotlight does not work

windows spotlight is not showing any pictures

what can I do to repair it

Thanks

:)

CharanSainath, Dec 14, 2019

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 14, 2019
  4. GabePM Win User

Windows spotlight does not work

Windows spotlight not work!!

Greetings to mitsaras78 and to everyone in this forum!

I am new here and I have the same problem as stated in this thread. I tried deleting the mentioned folders (with and without emptying recycle bin) and then "reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows" manually with admin Powershell or with the .bat file provided. I followed the suggested steps, but no success, I am stuck with the same spotlight background and no "like what you see?" option or tips showing up. For some unknown reason, sometimes a error message shows up when I "reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows", other times this step works without showing errors .

Is the procedure suggested by mitsaras78 safe? I am a bit reluctant in testing this since it requires deleting system files and files in hidden folders. Has this been tested and has this worked as a permanet solution for anyone? Any recommendations for trying this?

GabePM, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows spotlight does not work

1. Windows spotlight does not work - Similar Threads - spotlight does

2. Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture: I've been having this issue with Windows Spotlight for about a week or so. I have two Windows 11 PC's and I first noticed when I was working on the secondary one. My primary PC has been stuck on the same photo with two monkeys, while cute I thought it would be nice for a...
  3. Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture: I've been having this issue with Windows Spotlight for about a week or so. I have two Windows 11 PC's and I first noticed when I was working on the secondary one. My primary PC has been stuck on the same photo with two monkeys, while cute I thought it would be nice for a...
  4. Why does my windows lockscrean spotlight keep suggesting xbox and starfield? I want it back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my windows lockscrean spotlight keep suggesting xbox and starfield? I want it back...: [ATTACH] I even reinstalled windows and it keeps doing this. submitted by /u/Slayingmoonx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16q2wr4/why_does_my_windows_lockscrean_spotlight_keep/
  5. Windows screen locker Spotlight 'like what you see' does not apear after upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screen locker Spotlight 'like what you see' does not apear after upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to 11 few months ago.Since then, the Windows Spotlight does not display the 'like what you see' option to see where the pictures came from.I tried to change the screen save setting to picture and back, but it did not helpPlease advise...
  6. Windows screen locker Spotlight 'like what you see' does not apear after upgrade to Windows 11

Windows screen locker Spotlight 'like what you see' does not apear after upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to 11 few months ago.Since then, the Windows Spotlight does not display the 'like what you see' option to see where the pictures came from.I tried to change the screen save setting to picture and back, but it did not helpPlease advise...
  7. Why does Windows Spotlight keep showing the same pictures that I've already answered as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Spotlight keep showing the same pictures that I've already answered as...: Is there a way to see all the pictures and select the ones I don't want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-spotlight-keep-showing-the-same/dc18e575-4ba8-4681-9f74-7723554731c6
  8. Why does Windows Spotlight keep showing the same pictures that I've already answered as...

Why does Windows Spotlight keep showing the same pictures that I've already answered as...: Is there a way to see all the pictures and select the ones I don't want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-spotlight-keep-showing-the-same/dc18e575-4ba8-4681-9f74-7723554731c6
  9. Windows Spotlight does not work after upgrade to Windows 11

Windows Spotlight does not work after upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to 11 few months ago. Since then, the Windows Spotlight does not give the option to see where the pictures came from. Please advise...
  10. Windows Spotlight does not work after upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight does not work after upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to 11 few months ago. Since then, the Windows Spotlight does not give the option to see where the pictures came from. Please advise...