Windows 10: Windows spotlight not updating, sfc scan turns up errors

Discus and support Windows spotlight not updating, sfc scan turns up errors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title says, I noticed that the wallpaper from the Windows spotlight wasn't changing anymore. Looking online, an sfc scannow was suggested.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pivlit2, Jun 9, 2016.

1. pivlit2 Win User

Windows spotlight not updating, sfc scan turns up errors

As the title says, I noticed that the wallpaper from the Windows spotlight wasn't changing anymore. Looking online, an sfc scannow was suggested. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them." I tried DISM restorehealth as well which gave me the "The source files could not be found". I've attached the CBS.log as I'm not good at figuring out what the text means if there is a problem.

-Running latest updated Windows 10

:)

pivlit2, Jun 9, 2016

2. Windows Spotlight Automatically Turns Off

Windows Spotlight on the lockscreen automatically turns off. Whenever I restart the computer, Windows Spotlight turns off, the background switches to "Picture", and the picture it uses is the Spotlight image that showed up before I turned off the computer.
    I can turn Spotlight back on, and the lockscreen background changes to a new Spotlight background, but the process will start all over again whenever I turn on the PC. I have no idea how to solve this.

Thanks in advance for the help

Jacob Roseberry, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    How To Know Where The Windows Spotlight Photos Were Taken?

To further assist you, kindly follow these steps:

• Change the Lock Screen setting from Windows Spotlight to Picture or Slideshow.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Change it back to Windows Spotlight to refresh the image data for Spotlight.
    • Restart the computer.

If the same issue occur, kindly refer on this link to run both the System
    File Checker (SFC) and DISM to check for system file corruption.

If both scans are good, follow the steps on this link to create
    a new user profile.

Kindly check if the same issue will occur with the new user profile.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, Jun 9, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jun 9, 2016
  5. pivlit2 Win User
    The DISM RestoreHealth worked but the subsequent sfc /scannow came up with the same message about not being able to fix all of the corrupt files.

pivlit2, Jun 10, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    run /scanhealth and go to bottom of log to see the corruption..

Or Image Health - repair corrupt files (link in sig below) option1
    and post the details..

7. pivlit2 Win User
    Result says: "No component store corruption detected.The operation completed successfully."

I ran the SFC /scannow afterwards and I still get the corrupt files message. Should I proceed with the image Health - repair corrupt files that you suggested?

pivlit2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows spotlight not updating, sfc scan turns up errors - Similar Threads - spotlight updating sfc

2. SFC scanning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scanning: I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says this, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". So I read that if I type, net start trustedinstaller,...
  3. sfc scan fixes errors - or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc scan fixes errors - or not?: windows 10 pro 19041.329 version 2004 windows started acting wonky on me necessitating a cold reset of the system, whether this was due to windows being windows, or due to system corruption, i wasn't sure. so i ran SFC /scannow to check my files, and each time i ran it, it...
  4. SFC Scan

SFC Scan: Hi, i got everyday many bluescreens and this is a bit upset. I searched on google the different bluescreen codes i got (and there's a lot and different every time), and one of them told me to use the sfc scannow, and that's the output: https://pastebin.com/raw/v6E4UsLk...
  5. sfc scan errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc scan errors: ok so no matter how many times I fresh install windows 1809 even I have TWO iso of same version sfc always says this can anyone tell why so and it is always I installed 10 times 9 times sfc had errors [img] 139012
  6. Sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sfc scan: I am showing corrupt files that they could fix in sfc scan. I need instructions on how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan/d9cc5dec-8de1-46b8-9d8a-949425a7d303"
  7. SFC scan

SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] *Moved from Virus and Malware forums*...
  8. SFC scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan/4933511a-fad9-4b65-91d6-adbfd7717e07
  9. sfc scan error

sfc scan error: sfc/scannow has found errors and was unable to fix some errors what to do with this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan-error/e4d93fea-ee9d-420c-a3b0-e0c3fde880e7
  10. SFC scan reports errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC scan reports errors: I have a number of issues with my tablet PC so I tried SFC/SCANNOW a couple of times. It reported that some of the errors found it could not repair. I viewed the logs --- a mass of (to me) meaningless detail. So what should I do now? How does one get these errors repaired?...