Windows 10: Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 image

Discus and support Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 image in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is a problem I've had for a while now, and it's extremely frustrating. Despite the lock screen background option being set to Windows Spotlight,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spycei, Feb 14, 2020.

1. /u/Spycei Win User

Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 image

This is a problem I've had for a while now, and it's extremely frustrating. Despite the lock screen background option being set to Windows Spotlight, all it shows me is a picture of this lake in New Zealand with a small red backpack in the foreground. Now I've searched time and time again for a solution to this problem, and I have tried all of them. From changing my network to deleting everything in the assets and settings folders to re-registering Spotlight to deleting the keys in the Creative registry key to even using a different user account, nothing has shown even the slightest indication of working at all. The really crappy part is that every few months Windows will suddenly have a change of heart and show me a new picture, sometimes even with the "Like what you see?" button, only to revert back after a few days at most. Is anyone in the same situation, and does anyone have a solution that might work?

submitted by /u/Spycei
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spycei, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Feb 14, 2020
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 picture

For some reason the Windows Spotlight feature is stuck and doesn't change pictures on a daily basis before I log into Windows.

I have tried deleting the specified files and refreshing Windows Spotlight using this tutorial on tenforums but it didn't fix the problem

The tutorial also says that I have to make sure that the Settings app and Edge are running in the background through the Privacy Settings -> Background apps.

Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 image [​IMG]

However, I can't find these apps in my list at all to enable them in the first place. I did an "sfc /scannow" command prompt but it didn't find any integrity violations.

JohnnyGui, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows Spotlight image stuck

Hi Robin,

Windows Spotlight frequently changes the photos using
    Bing
    to provide an image-of-the-day giving everyone a fresher look every time they access their computers. This feature is dependent on the Internet connection and without it, you won’t be able to get yourself that special nature scenery.

Furthermore, we suggest following the steps below to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following commands (Wait for the process to finish before proceeding to the next steps.):
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, click Enter.
      • Sfc /scannow, click Enter.
      • Powershell, click Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
        then click Enter.
      • Restart the computer after the process.
    Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 image - Similar Threads - Spotlight stuck image

2. Windows Spotlight stuck on one image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight stuck on one image: Windows Spotlight has been stuck on an image of the 12 apostles for about 5 days now, but I'm fairly certain it's supposed to change every day. I'm slightly worried this is an underlying issue involving drivers or something.My PC is up to date and I've tried switching my lock...
  3. Windows Spotlight stuck on one image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight stuck on one image: Windows Spotlight has been stuck on an image of the 12 apostles for about 5 days now, but I'm fairly certain it's supposed to change every day. I'm slightly worried this is an underlying issue involving drivers or something.My PC is up to date and I've tried switching my lock...
  4. Windows Spotlight stuck on one image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. spotlight image not cycling after 1 week of a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spotlight image not cycling after 1 week of a new laptop: I just got a new laptop and I kept it on windows 10, I was enjoying the spotlight image on the start up screen but it is now stuck on one image. I rebooted it but it's still on one image- and I do no like it. It is driving me mad....
  6. spotlight image not cycling after 1 week of a new laptop

spotlight image not cycling after 1 week of a new laptop: I just got a new laptop and I kept it on windows 10, I was enjoying the spotlight image on the start up screen but it is now stuck on one image. I rebooted it but it's still on one image- and I do no like it. It is driving me mad....
  7. spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotlight images: where the spotlight images are stored in my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-images/7441cf2b-45f3-451d-9f81-4491effb19a7
  8. Windows Spotlight images

Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  9. Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 picture: For some reason the Windows Spotlight feature is stuck and doesn't change pictures on a daily basis before I log into Windows. I have tried deleting the specified files and refreshing Windows Spotlight using this tutorial on tenforums but it didn't fix the problem The...
  10. Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight stuck on 1 picture: For some reason the Windows Spotlight feature is stuck and doesn't change pictures on a daily basis before I log into Windows. I have tried deleting the specified files and refreshing Windows Spotlight using thistutorial on tenforums but it didn't fix the problem The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight stuck on 1 image