Windows 10: Windows / Start-key resize window disabled

Discus and support Windows / Start-key resize window disabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When Windows 10 is functioning normally, you can hold the Windows/Start-key down and press the arrow keys to move and resize the active window.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Papersquid, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Windows / Start-key resize window disabled

When Windows 10 is functioning normally, you can hold the Windows/Start-key down and press the arrow keys to move and resize the active window.

(i.e. Start-key + left moves the window to the left half of your screen;
    Start-key + right moves the window to the right half of your screen;
    Start-key + up maximizes the window to the full screen;
    Start-key + down minimizes the window to the taskbar)

But it's not working! This has happened before and I don't know how to turn the feature back on or what's causing it to turn off. Any help?

:)

Papersquid, Mar 9, 2016

2. Windows 10. Can't Resize Video Game Windows

in windows 7 i could resize video game windows perfectly but in windows 10 i cant resize unless i check disable display scaling on high DPI settings and even then when i start to resize the second i let go it just automatically resizes to the smallest size
    it can possibly be.

Is there something im overlooking?

How do i change it to the size i want it to be?

SkeletonLizard, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Action center

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Are you referring to the Windows Start screen tiles?
    • Is this issue specific only to the tiles?
    Please be informed that there may be no option to disable the Ctrl + Scroll functionality.

I suggest you to retry to scroll the mouse in both ways by pressing Ctrl key + scroll (Mouse) and check.

If the issue is specific to the Windows Start screen tiles then, I suggest you to follow the below steps to resize the applications on the Start screen.

• Click on the Start button to open the Start screen.
    • Right click on the Application which you want to resize.
    • Select the Resize option from the list and try the options available.
    Note: Not all the applications can have a Resize option and it varies to a particular applications.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 9, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows / Start-key resize window disabled

philc43, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

Windows / Start-key resize window disabled

1. Windows / Start-key resize window disabled - Similar Threads - Start key resize

2. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10: Hi,I need to disable re-sizing of the windows start menu. If i tried to drag the windows start menu, the size of the window can be dragged.Is there anyway we can disable the re-sizing option or user dragging option in windows 21H2....
  3. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10: Hi,I need to disable re-sizing of the windows start menu. If i tried to drag the windows start menu, the size of the window can be dragged.Is there anyway we can disable the re-sizing option or user dragging option in windows 21H2....
  4. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows": I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time. On Windows 10, the option to...
  6. Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...: When using a 4K monitor (and a 1920x1080 besides it, but that most likely doesn't matter), and you start a Game for instance that runs in 1920x1080, that will force any window open in the desktop environment to be resized to 1920x1080 (and often moved to a new location)....
  7. Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...
  8. Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your Start menu. This tutorial will show you how to resize the height and width of your Start menu to what you want in Windows...
  9. Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. [img] Information Windows...
  10. Start Menu resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu resizing in Windows 10: The new Start menu is a hybrid of the Windows 7 menu and the features of Windows 8. With Live Tiles and traditional apps sitting side-by-side, it's a hybrid approach that will likely appease desktop users. One aspect that is also new, is that you can resize the Start menu,...