Windows 10: Windows Start Menu

Discus and support Windows Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and am not sure but the start menu looks awfully different. I am enclosing a screen shot that I have. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparker781, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Windows Start Menu

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and am not sure but the start menu looks awfully different. I am enclosing a screen shot that I have. This build and I am not sure how to find that as it's not in the Properties of This PC.

Anyhoo as you can see from the screen shot, I realize its a fresh build but there is hardly anything there.

No store...ETC.

Any help is appreciated. I may have to install Classic Shell.

Thanks for the help guys
    Windows Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

sparker781, Jun 7, 2017

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jun 7, 2017
  3. Window Start Menu

the start menu on my desktop is not working. And some of my downloaded Windows Apps also is not working (Spotify, Skype, Messenger etc.)

How to fix it?

Hanie AnnFetalver, Jun 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Start Menu

Brink, Jun 7, 2017
Thema:

Windows Start Menu

1. Windows Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu: When I right click on Start Menu (Windows Icon), I see few quick actions to open system applications like Command Prompt, System, Device Manager. Is there a way to add more frequently used system applications to that context?...
  3. Can't type in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type in start menu?: After Windows automatically restart to install their amazing new update, I can no longer type in the start menu. I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana and running ctfmon.exe, but none of it has worked. This issue only started when...
  4. Start Menu Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Crashes: I'm a long term MS Windows user and I used to access all folder in system drive. After Windows 7 accessing some folder such as AppData and DocumentsandSettings folders was too more complicated. I used a little and handy program called NTFS access and guaranteed access every...
  5. Typing search in start menu still goes to Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing search in start menu still goes to Edge: I have set my default browser as Firefox but if I type a search in the start menu it still opens Edge (with Bing). Is there any setting that I can use to say always use FF even when I do a search? I have Googled endlessly and all I can find is how to set the defaults. Many...
  6. After update, start menu and win+i not functional.

After update, start menu and win+i not functional.: After installing the most recent update to win 10, I noticed that my task bar was stuck on top of games. Further investigation showed me it's far deeper than just that. The start menu will not open on click. the notifications tab on the taskbar will also not open. I tried...
  7. Help! Start menu won't show

Help! Start menu won't show: I just noticed my start menu isn't working. I searched and followed the instructions in various articles but nothing worked. This is what I tried: running windows update restarting using sfc.exe to scan (it didn't find any integrity issues) using Get-AppXPackage to...
  8. Windows 10 version 1903 Feature Update - Location of Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1903 Feature Update - Location of Start Menu: Hello, Can anyone tell me where the Start Menu is? I have Windows 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476). Also known a the Feature Update, installed on 9/27/2019. The locations of the Start Menu for All Users and the Current User must have moved. Thank you, Dayhiker4k...
  9. Added child as family member, he doesn't appear in my start menu as a user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added child as family member, he doesn't appear in my start menu as a user: What the everloving heck. I am losing my mind. I have added my child as a family member to my new laptop. Nobody but myself appears on the start menu as a user. I have tried restarting the laptop, I have deleted and re-added him. Nothing works. This is beyond frustrating....
  10. Start menu, other critical Win10 programs unavailable after upgrade from Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu, other critical Win10 programs unavailable after upgrade from Win7: After upgrading from Win7 and installing "updates" I was first greeted with a blank screen. I hit a button and got the "critical error start menu not available". Reboot a few times and eventually my desktop showed up but start menu etc are still unavailable. I can right...