Windows 10: Windows Store Apps Not Updating

Discus and support Windows Store Apps Not Updating in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings tenforums, I have recently encountered a problem with the updates on the Windows Store. The apps are not updating anymore and are stuck. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scar, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Scar Win User

Windows Store Apps Not Updating

Greetings tenforums,

I have recently encountered a problem with the updates on the Windows Store. The apps are not updating anymore and are stuck. I have tried to follow most of the methods provided online including the troubleshoot step but to no avail. The troubleshoot simply couldn't find any issues to solve. Windows Update on the other hand, is working fine. Here's a screenshot of the progress.

Windows Store Apps Not Updating [​IMG]

:)

Scar, Aug 8, 2015

2. Store apps not updating

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the Store Apps do not update.

I would suggest you to place the computer in a Clean Boot situation and check if it helps to isolate and identify the issue. Please follow the below steps.

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Windows Store Apps options from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter

Method 2: Reset the Store Cache.

Press on Windows key +R from the Keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.

Type in wsreset

Method 3: Please try to re-register the Store App. Run the following in a Command Window (CMD) and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 8, 2015
  3. MidgeAJ Win User
    Store apps not updating

Bumping

MidgeAJ, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Moofey Win User

I'm having the same problem. None of the troubleshooting steps that I've found have worked.

Moofey, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Scar Win User
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully there is a fix underway somehow. Are your mail and calendar apps working?, they are also dead and fail to load for me. They both just get stuck at the loading page and stay that way.

Scar, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Scar Win User
    Greetings Brink and thank you for your response!,

I have tried that method before starting this thread as I constantly searched and tried various methods, sadly none helped.

Scar, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Moofey Win User

Just tried it myself as well. Didn't work aside from making me look at a blank screen for 5 minutes after logging in.

Moofey, Aug 8, 2015
  9. Scar Win User
    Okay, I just tried method #2 again and it worked!. It's updating and the mail and calendar apps both finally work. Thank you very much!. I've been using this site since the vistax64 days for each version of Windows and the community are second to none.

Hope you find a fix Moofey.

Scar, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Moofey Win User
    I do have indications of progress though. My downloads are no longer just hanging at "pending," but they just sit there at "0.0 MB downloaded" now.

Moofey, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Scar Win User
    That's the same problem I had, Method #2 in the link above fixed it after a reboot.

12. Scar Win User
    Sorry to further bother you Brink. But what could have been the problem to this seeing how problem #2 solved it. I don't want to run into this chaos again so I'd love to know.

Thanks a lot once again.

13. Moofey Win User

Tried #2 for a second time, still no good.

In addition if I try to pause all or remove apps from the download queue, the store freezes. If I try to restart the Windows Update service, it hangs while stopping and I have to taskkill /f it. The store never seems to clue in on what's happening, and once I get windows update restarted it all goes back to pending.

I hate Windows.

Moofey, Aug 8, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news Scar. I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Moofey,

Are you having any issues with Windows Update as well?

Do you have a 3rd party AV or security program installed that may be blocking it?

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Store Apps Not Updating - Similar Threads - Store Apps Updating

2. Windows Store will not Update Apps - stalls

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store will not Update Apps - stalls: I'm running Win 10 Pro, updated with the latest updates.For some time now, my Windows Store has stopped updating the apps that were downloaded through the store.When I open the Store and click on Library, I can see numerous apps which either have a button "Update" available,...
  3. Windows Store will not Update Apps - stalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store will not Update Apps - stalls: I'm running Win 10 Pro, updated with the latest updates.For some time now, my Windows Store has stopped updating the apps that were downloaded through the store.When I open the Store and click on Library, I can see numerous apps which either have a button "Update" available,...
  4. window update and app store error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window update and app store error: why window update is not working {window 8} app store does not open as it shows try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-and-app-store-error/3ff532ed-8de4-4cc2-821b-09dc8ddd4a8f
  5. window update and app store error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window update and app store error: why window update is not working {window 8} app store does not open as it shows try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-and-app-store-error/3ff532ed-8de4-4cc2-821b-09dc8ddd4a8f
  6. Store apps not updating

Store apps not updating: I have a growing number of Store apps whose status is ''pending'' and which are not updating. At present there are 19. I have tried to get a few to update manually but without success. Does this matter? Should I try to give them a nudge or leave them alone to update...
  7. Windows Store Apps update fails

Windows Store Apps update fails: All Windows Store apps that I have fail when they are automatically updated. Here's what I just got in my event log. Event ID 20 - Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070002: OneNote. When I go into the Store and look at...
  8. Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update

Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update: I found out that some apps were corrupted on this system (2 weeks old) so I was told to disable or reinstall them. Turns out they don't seem to even be installed (don't remember which they were) - so I started looking around and found out running windows update gives me an...
  9. Windows store app auto updates

Windows store app auto updates: Is anyone else finding the store nothing short of hopeless with regard auto app updates. The process works because some apps do update. But the amount of times they also get stuck is ridiculous. I'll often go into the store on my PC and sometimes manually do a check for...
  10. App Store Updates

App Store Updates: Apps won't update. App store finds updates. Some say " something went wrong" Other updates are on pause". Any ideas how to resolve. Internet is connected 14613