Windows 10: Windows Store Apps Not Updating

Discus and support Windows Store Apps Not Updating in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; , Are you having any issues with Windows Update as well? Do you have a 3rd party AV or security program installed that may be blocking it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scar, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Moofey Win User

Windows Store Apps Not Updating

Windows Update seems to be working fine.

I might have overlooked changes I've made to AV though. I just recently installed Malwarebytes as a potential replacement to defender (like win10 will let me replace it that easily... lol) but I never really paid attention to when my store issue started, so I have to look at the relation between the two when time permits.

I'll post here after I get the chance to look at it

Moofey, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Scar Win User

What do you think was the cause of this Brink?, considering that step #2 solved my problem and #1 failed.

Thanks.

3. Scar Win User
    I have to say that I have Malwarebytes too. Things were working fine even with Malwarebytes installed(literally the same day I installed Windows 10 on July 29th) and all was fine till today. I even exited Malwarebytes as I was testing different methods and so on. So I don't really think that might be the problem but your case could be different.

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

It most likely a corrupted app cache since part 2 sorted it for you.

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Scar Win User
    Thank you. Any way to avoid that or it's just random?.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I have MBAM installed as well with default settings, and it hasn't caused me any issues so far if it helps.

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Moofey Win User
    Yeah, and that's what I noticed with MBAM. Disabling or killing it completely didn't change the situation. Also double-checked Windows Update. It's hard to tell since I don't have any system updates to download but it seems to be working fine.

If anything, clearing my store cache via deleting the registry key seems to have caused additional problems. Ever since I did that, when I first login on startup I'm looking at a black screen with a cursor for a couple minutes before it does anything. Startup in general seems to have gotten sluggish, too.

EDIT: And it just started randmoly working again. Aside from the issue that I might have caused trying to fix this, WINDOWS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Moofey, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Scar Win User

Glad to know that, now lets both hope we don't have to face that wrath again. If so, Brink is here to the rescue!

9. PhilC50 Win User
    Thanks Brink! #2 resolved it for me also. *Cool

PhilC50, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Thanks guys! I've been pulling my hair out since last night to get this solved. #2 did it for me. Nothing else I found on the internet worked. *Biggrin

JamesTWest, Aug 9, 2015
  11. TheeEdge Win User
    After scouring the Microsoft Answers forums and trying different methods without success, yours is the only one that worked. Thank you!! *Smile

TheeEdge, Aug 11, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help TheeEdge, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Aug 11, 2015
  13. un1fy Win User

I FIXED THE PROBLEM NOW. One of the first things i did when getting
    my laptop was turning off automatic updates. after i saw the problem i
    did a system restore, that fixed it temporarily but the problem came
    back. but after turning on automatic updates and updating my computer
    and restarting the store works fine now.

this might not help everybody, but hopefully some.

un1fy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store Apps Not Updating - Similar Threads - Store Apps Updating

2. Windows Store will not Update Apps - stalls

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store will not Update Apps - stalls: I'm running Win 10 Pro, updated with the latest updates.For some time now, my Windows Store has stopped updating the apps that were downloaded through the store.When I open the Store and click on Library, I can see numerous apps which either have a button "Update" available,...
  3. Windows Store will not Update Apps - stalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store will not Update Apps - stalls: I'm running Win 10 Pro, updated with the latest updates.For some time now, my Windows Store has stopped updating the apps that were downloaded through the store.When I open the Store and click on Library, I can see numerous apps which either have a button "Update" available,...
  4. window update and app store error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window update and app store error: why window update is not working {window 8} app store does not open as it shows try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-and-app-store-error/3ff532ed-8de4-4cc2-821b-09dc8ddd4a8f
  5. window update and app store error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window update and app store error: why window update is not working {window 8} app store does not open as it shows try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-and-app-store-error/3ff532ed-8de4-4cc2-821b-09dc8ddd4a8f
  6. Store apps not updating

Store apps not updating: I have a growing number of Store apps whose status is ''pending'' and which are not updating. At present there are 19. I have tried to get a few to update manually but without success. Does this matter? Should I try to give them a nudge or leave them alone to update...
  7. Windows Store Apps update fails

Windows Store Apps update fails: All Windows Store apps that I have fail when they are automatically updated. Here's what I just got in my event log. Event ID 20 - Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070002: OneNote. When I go into the Store and look at...
  8. Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update

Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update: I found out that some apps were corrupted on this system (2 weeks old) so I was told to disable or reinstall them. Turns out they don't seem to even be installed (don't remember which they were) - so I started looking around and found out running windows update gives me an...
  9. Windows store app auto updates

Windows store app auto updates: Is anyone else finding the store nothing short of hopeless with regard auto app updates. The process works because some apps do update. But the amount of times they also get stuck is ridiculous. I'll often go into the store on my PC and sometimes manually do a check for...
  10. App Store Updates

App Store Updates: Apps won't update. App store finds updates. Some say " something went wrong" Other updates are on pause". Any ideas how to resolve. Internet is connected 14613