Windows 10: Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason

Discus and support Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I found that the possible reason that may help to solve it. The possible cause is the windows defender firewall. If it is disabled or stopped. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Timothy Fan, May 22, 2019.

1. Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason

I found that the possible reason that may help to solve it.

The possible cause is the windows defender firewall. If it is disabled or stopped. The Windows Store cannot be launched. That cause the other apps such as photos, calculator fail to launch too.

After re-enabling and start the windows defender firewall, the store in our PCs work again. You may need to re-download/re-install the apps in the windows store but all of them works again.

:)

Timothy Fan, May 22, 2019
  2. Chris8875 Win User

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

OK, so I've tried both suggestions above from Brink

The first one: Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - zoomed through as per the pictures shown in the link. Got to the end, showed this screen

Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason [​IMG]

Went back, tried to open the apps in question - no change.

Second option - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - I went to the site as directed, downloaded the link to the app, hit YES at the UAC and it didn't do any updating at all. It came up immediately that my copy of Windows was up to date and directed me to exit. No change, nothing fixed.

However, I have taken a second screenshot as below. You'll see on the left in the apps list there's a whole heap of apps which don't work (under my profile, no-one elses) listed under "Other" with codes and what seem to be error messages beside them (they look like package IDs to me, but anyway) . You'll also notice in looking at the tile for the store that there is a code on it which also appears when I endeavour to launch the app.

App then crashes. Similar story with all the other apps.

Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason [​IMG]

I'm at a loss to be honest. I thought the second option would work, but it actually downloads nothing at all (maybe the link has changed, I don't know).

Do these screenshots offer any insights?

Thanks so much.

Chris8875, May 22, 2019
  3. Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, May 22, 2019
  4. Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason

Windows 10 apps (Photos, Calculator etc) wont launch

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue is an outdated driver or incompatibility. To resolve this, we suggest that you update the video/graphics card driver. Please follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Select the Device Manager option.
    • Locate and expand the Display Adapters.
    • Click on Update the Driver/Uninstall.
    • Restart the laptop and install the graphics card driver.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason

1. Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason - Similar Threads - store calculator photos

2. Crash on Launch: Windows Store, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash on Launch: Windows Store, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator: Issue: Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator, and the Windows Store crash upon launch on my PC. Attempted Solutions: Reset Photo Viewer and Calculator in Apps, no change. Uninstall of both were successful as far as I can tell but when I go to reinstall them both, the...
  3. Crash on Launch: Windows Store, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash on Launch: Windows Store, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator: Issue: Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator, and the Windows Store crash upon launch on my PC. Attempted Solutions: Reset Photo Viewer and Calculator in Apps, no change. Uninstall of both were successful as far as I can tell but when I go to reinstall them both, the...
  4. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  5. Store app for calculator

Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  6. Windows 10 Apps Calculator, Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Bar, Photos Won't Launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps Calculator, Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Bar, Photos Won't Launch.: My computer will not open applications such as Calculator, Microsoft store, Xbox Game Bar, Photos, Camera, Cortana, Get Help, Calendar, Alarms and clock and more. My computer has had this issue for almost 4 months and I even factory reset it and only a couple of weeks later...
  7. Calculator and Photo Apps

Calculator and Photo Apps: Is anyone else having issues with the Photos and Calculator apps not operating? Each time I start up both my Pc and my laptop neither app works, I just get a Windows error message. I have to go into each of the app settings and terminate it, reset it then repair it for them...
  8. Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app: Hello all. My os is acting strange. Noticed some time ago while playing games... blue popup box would open on its own and say "This app can't open. There's a problem with Xbox Game Bar..." I would dismiss it a couple times then it would go away. Didn't think much of it as I...
  9. I cannot launch photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot launch photo app: “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-launch-photo-app/c775dda6-a06d-4a6f-831c-f89bfcd26a34
  10. Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10: Hi there - I'm using a Surface 2 Pro running Windows 10 and noticed yesterday that a number of apps are simply not working when I log in using my profile (I am the user administrator on the machine, there are three other normal user accounts - family members) The apps that...