Windows 10: Windows Store Deleted; Can't Get it Back

Discus and support Windows Store Deleted; Can't Get it Back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got a new HP laptop and one of the first things I did was download and run Decrap My Computer (Remove Bloatware from Windows | Decrap My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cadocity, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Cadocity Win User

Windows Store Deleted; Can't Get it Back

I recently got a new HP laptop and one of the first things I did was download and run Decrap My Computer (Remove Bloatware from Windows | Decrap My Computer ) to get rid of all the bloatware that came preinstalled on it. So I ran the program and It did what it said it would, but somewhere in the process the Windows Store got deleted or deactivated or something. After a restart, my start menu looks like this:

Windows Store Deleted; Can't Get it Back [​IMG]

And whenever I try to click on one of the tiles that are there, I get this error:

I get the same error when I try to run wsreset.exe also.

In attempt to fix this, I have factory reset twice, but the problem persists even after the resets. I don't know what I can do to get the store back, and it is really limiting to the OS as a whole IMO.

If anyone has any experience with this problem and possibly knows a solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

:)

Cadocity, Apr 30, 2016

2. Deleted text messages get it back?

I think what you want to do is archive the text messages and remove these archived messages from your Windows Phone. What you do is the following:

• Login to Microsoft MyPhone via your webbrowser;
    • Go to Phone --> Text Messages
    • Select the Text Messages you want to archive;
    • In the middle of the screen above the
      header Text Messages you find three options
      : (1) delete, (2) archive, (3) find duplicates.Choose for option (2) archive;
    • When you sync your Windows Phone again the selected Text Messages will be deleted from your Windows Phone, however these are still in the online archive;

It will be hard to get messages back if you have done the "delete" option and synced afterwards.

// -- http://www.mobilityminded.com --%%sitename%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitedesc%%

Remo Knops, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Deleted text messages get it back?

Hi, I deleted my text messages as they froze on HTC hd2. I went on my phone to get them back and it deleted it from the server. Extremely annoying! Should not it syncronize....??!! Any chance I can get it back somehow?? I lost 600 messages very very annoying....
    I

inflamatio, Apr 30, 2016
  4. AlphaUMi Win User

You can try to open the command prompt as administrator and copy/past the following command:

Code: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"[/quote] as explained here: Store - Re-register in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

P.S.: It seems (but not sure judging from the screenshots) that Decrap my computer removed all the other Universal apps as well.

AlphaUMi, Apr 30, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 30, 2016
  6. Cadocity Win User
    as explained here: Store - Re-register in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

P.S.: It seems (but not sure judging from the screenshots) that Decrap my computer removed all the other Universal apps as well.[/quote] Thanks for replying!

I ran command prompt as administrator and pasted that command in and I seem to have gotten an error. This is what shows:

Cadocity, Apr 30, 2016
  7. Cadocity Win User
    Cadocity, Apr 30, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

It worked great for me, just when it's done, recheck your timezone setting, that it reflects where you are.

Cliff S, Apr 30, 2016
  9. deeaa Win User
    Yeah might be related to the missing or actually non functioning start menu that seems to be getting to be a common problem.

When on one of my machines the start ceased to work so did the store. Repair install keeping all files took 20 minutes and it was fixed.

In my main DAW machine the start button keeps ceasing to function now and then but a reboot fixes it.

deeaa, Apr 30, 2016
  10. Cadocity Win User
    Cadocity, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store Deleted; Can't Get it Back - Similar Threads - Store Deleted Can't

2. Lost Apps in recovery no deleted app folder appeared can't get them back from store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Apps in recovery no deleted app folder appeared can't get them back from store.: My computer was performing so poorly I used my USB disk to do a full recovery of Windows 10. My laptop was cleared of all my files, apps, and settings. Unlike the last time I did this, no app folder became available on the start up screen to reinstall lost apps. All I got was...
  3. Lost Apps in recovery no deleted app folder appeared can't get them back from store.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Apps in recovery no deleted app folder appeared can't get them back from store.: My computer was performing so poorly I used my USB disk to do a full recovery of Windows 10. My laptop was cleared of all my files, apps, and settings. Unlike the last time I did this, no app folder became available on the start up screen to reinstall lost apps. All I got was...
  4. Lost Apps in recovery no deleted app folder appeared can't get them back from store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Minecraft For Windows 10 Deleted Worlds I Can't Get Back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft For Windows 10 Deleted Worlds I Can't Get Back: I've Deleted a Minecraft World by Accident and Now I Can't Get It Back! Please Help Me I Tried Everything. I Looked Everywhere for the .minecratft Folder But Can't Find it in %appdata% I Have "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" On But Still Can't Find it. I Also...
  6. Help? I uninstalled Microsoft Store and can't get it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help? I uninstalled Microsoft Store and can't get it back?: so the problem is pretty simple, I uninstalled Microsoft Store by accident along with other things like microsoft word by accident when i reset my PC. i've been trying various solutions throughout the months like running powershell but it doesn't work. Could anyone help me?...
  7. Can't get windows 10 back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get windows 10 back: Hello, Please read my problem fully! I used to use Windows 7 a while ago before I dual booted by installing Windows 10 on Local Disk G partition. And yesterday i thought of formatting C Drive which had Windows 7 installed on. After having tried formatting it from This PC...
  8. Getting Microsoft store back

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Getting Microsoft store back: I don't know how to get Microsoft store back because I deleted it from the apps section in my settings. Please answer this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-microsoft-store-back/1543ae6f-b651-4663-a244-e5e900e605b8"
  9. Windows Store is uninstalled can't get it back

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store is uninstalled can't get it back: Hi, I made a severe mistake and uninstalled windows store using powershell commands. I can't reinstall it. I tried every powershell or cmd commands there is to get the installation package back, none of the work. There is no windows store folder in my windowsapps...
  10. Deleted settings and can't get it back.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted settings and can't get it back.: I somehow deleted the settings app from my Windows 10 laptop and I can't think of a way to get it back. Can someone please reply with a solution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window store deleted how to get back