Windows 10: Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'.

Discus and support Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to do an unattended install of Windows 10 Professional using an answer XML file I created. I'm booting off a USB, and receiving the error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kai Longmore, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'.

I am trying to do an unattended install of Windows 10 Professional using an answer XML file I created. I'm booting off a USB, and receiving the error:

Windows could not collect information for [DataImage1] because the specified image file [\sources\MyImageFile.wim] does not exist.

This is my XML for reference: https://pastebin.com/PuDJ5998

I'm using ImgBurn to create my ISO (from boot, efi, sources, support, etc), and Rufus to create a bootable USB drive from this ISO.

I have confirmed that the .wim file is where I've specified it on the USB, and I have tried using /, \, and removing the first slash before 'sources' in the XML 'InstallFrom' option.

Any thoughts on what my issue would be?

Regards,
    Kai

:)

Kai Longmore, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'. [​IMG]

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'. [​IMG]

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

3. Windows 10 Upgrade fails - unattend answer file error

I have tried upgrading to Windows 10 several times with no luck.

During the second phase of the installation of Windows 10, features and settings, just after the first reboot an error pops up.

The error:

Windows could not parse the unattend answer file for pass [specialize]. The settings specified in the answer cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [MS_Windows_Shell_Setup].

===

Once the error message is acknowledged, the previous version of Windows is restored (in my case Windows 8.1).

After the restore the following error appears once I have logged onto Windows.

The error:

0xC1900101 - 0x30018

Installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation.

===

As many have suggested, I have removed my second IDE drive before starting the upgrade. I have unplugged all USB connections, removed antivirus, and updated all drivers.

Suggestions welcome.

TerryJarnagin, Jun 11, 2019
  4. SkyNet3 Win User

Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'.

Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin

SkyNet3, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'.

1. Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'. - Similar Threads - unattended setup failed

2. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  3. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified path does not exist.: Trying to download installition Cannon Pixma TS3450 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-path-does-not-exist/2b22d94f-4ec7-4751-b95c-57b286af6a20
  4. The specified path does not exist.

The specified path does not exist.: Trying to download installition Cannon Pixma TS3450 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-path-does-not-exist/2b22d94f-4ec7-4751-b95c-57b286af6a20
  5. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. a device which does not exist was specified

a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  7. the specified domain either does not exist or

the specified domain either does not exist or: how do i fix the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted The problem happened after resetting my pc after it reset i tried to login but it said this the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted...
  8. "The Specified Path Does Not Exist" on some files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The Specified Path Does Not Exist" on some files: So basically I just got a new pc and I have been having trouble dealing with 2 drives as some stuff downloads onto C: Drive and some onto D: Drive. When I thought I had fixed it by making everything download to my D drive, some applications lose their icons on my desktop and...
  9. "The specified path does not exist."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The specified path does not exist.": I cannot download anything onto my computer. I've tried with several things including NOX Player. Everytime something finishes downloading and i open it i am always prompted with the same messages saying the path doesn't exist. Can someone please provide a solution? I'm not...
  10. "The specified path does not exist"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The specified path does not exist": Yesterday, I changed the registry for ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 from C:\ to F:\, and now today when I try opening any application such as CMD Adminstrator, Regedit, Task Manager, even Microsoft Word, or try to recover my Bitlocker Key, when I try to decrypt my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows unattended setup failed - specified image file does not exist Microsoft

2. Windows could not collect information for [DataImage1] because the specified image file does not exist.