Windows 10: Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

Discus and support Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. Hope someone can assist me with the issue I am having in windows 10 Pro. A few days ago my system Automatically updated to Windows Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kokakola, Nov 28, 2015.

1. kokakola Win User

Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

Hello.

Hope someone can assist me with the issue I am having in windows 10 Pro.

A few days ago my system Automatically updated to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)... all went well and seemed to be OK.

Now to my Problem...

When I now go to check for updates it does its checking for updates thing then installs any available update but once it has completed this and I click on "Advanced Options/View Update History" in that all I get is a blank page and all it says is no updates have been installed yet....

But I know that it has installed windows defender updates? because I have seen it download them and complete the updates?

I have tried the reset (windows update .bat) file floating around on the forum, but all that does is clear everything and still no updates are showing in the list when I go to "Advanced Options/View Update History"...

Can anyone please help me get that all back to normal....

This has only been an issue since this update to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)..

How do I know that the updates in Defender or anything else for that matter are actually installing.. seeing that they are not being listed in the "View Update History" list...

Is anyone else having this issue and if so any assistance on how to fix this will be appreciated...

cheers

:)

kokakola, Nov 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 View Update History

There is no "View your update history" on the Advanced Options page in my version of Windows 10.

Bernard Corrigan, Nov 28, 2015
  3. cyberden1 Win User
    HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE

Go to settings, update and security, advanced options, view update history.

DEnnis

cyberden1, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 28, 2015
  5. kokakola Win User
    Hello Brink,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I have already run your .bat patch and yes after running this and restarting windows and running windows update any new updates still refuse to show up under the list in "View Update History"....

any other options?

thanks

kokakola, Nov 28, 2015
  6. DavidE Win User
    Windows Defender definition updates are no longer listed in Update History, so that's not a problem.
    If you get other updates and they are not listed in Update History, you have a problem.

DavidE, Nov 28, 2015
  7. kokakola Win User
    Hello DavidE,

Thank you for your reply to this...

Yes i have this morning received my first update and it is showing up in "View Update History"

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

So thank you for letting me know that Windows Defender Definition updates will no longer show up in "Update History" this clears the issue and i will mark this as solved....

Really appreciate everybody's help.

Cheers

kokakola, Nov 28, 2015
  8. DavidE Win User

You're welcome !

Also, you can always look at the Windows Defender GUI and see when the last definition update was installed.

DavidE, Nov 29, 2015
  9. kokakola Win User
    Thank you... i will definitely check those in due course

kokakola, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem - Similar Threads - Update Advanced Options

2. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  3. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  4. Problem in View Update History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in View Update History: My wife's computer that I check monthly no longer has an update history. When I view Update History there is no history but there was a little 'dot' that you could push for help. When pushed that a window I think within the window opened with a title HELP and asked you to...
  5. View optional updates

View optional updates: I constantly have this Driver update for the keyboard showing up under optional updates see image below. If I choose to install it, it acts like it is installing but then show up again ready to install again. What can I do to make this update either install or go...
  6. view optional updates

view optional updates: Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support when I tried to update this driver update! its still in there and not disappearing and a command prompt pops out and disappear is that a...
  7. Windows update advanced options freezing

Windows update advanced options freezing: I clicked on windows update advanced options and it freezes the settings. I tried searching it in the start menu of windows 10 and clicked "Windows Update Advanced Options" and it brings me to the windows update options and the same thing happens when i click advanced...
  8. Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options"

Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options": [ATTACH] As image, those two options remain in boldface/selected but nothing happenswhen I click them. If I try to access those two options through Start menu, I have a blank window that loads forever. I've tried to run Windows Update Troublehooter and the Reset Windows...
  9. Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options": [ATTACH] Image As image, those two options remain in boldface/selected but nothing happens. If I try to access those two options through Start menu, I have a blank window that loads forever. I've tried to run Windows Update Troublehooter and the Reset Windows Update...
  10. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 version 1909 Error 0x800f0805