Windows 10: Windows Update doesn't work on 1809

Discus and support Windows Update doesn't work on 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It never finishes searching for updates, and it crashes if I click on "View update history" or "Advanced options". I have already followed these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShunnedBead9279, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Windows Update doesn't work on 1809

It never finishes searching for updates, and it crashes if I click on "View update history" or "Advanced options". I have already followed these instructions trying to fix the problem, but it didn't work.

On a side note things i try to download from the microsoft store also get stuck on loading, don't know if that's actually related though.

Any help is appreciated. I don't wanna have to reinstall windows and loose all my programs.

Edit: the error 0x80080005 just showed up

:)

ShunnedBead9279, Nov 14, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Update doesn't work on 1809 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Nov 14, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows Update doesn't work on 1809

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update doesn't work on 1809

1. Windows Update doesn't work on 1809 - Similar Threads - Update doesn't 1809

2. Windows doesn't update, stuck on 1809

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't update, stuck on 1809: Hello, Previously I had some weird issue while installing 20H2. I decided to install an older version of windows and update to the latest version. Currently I've installed 1809 which went smoothly. But I've noticed a few oddities - Sometimes my computer would crash at...
  3. Windows Update doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update doesn't work: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS x64-based processor Version 20H2 on a HP 15-f387 Notebook PC Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB 6.94 GB usable Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎6/‎25/‎2020 OS...
  4. Windows Update doesn't work.

Windows Update doesn't work.: So I tried installing the KB4586853 update. After it got to 100% it just disappeared and it said that I was up to date, but I got suspicious because normally it would tell me to restart. After I closed the client and then got back into it again it said "We couldn't install...
  5. windows updates doesn't work

windows updates doesn't work: hi , I haven't been able to update my surface book 2 for more than a year now.. windows updates doesn't work, always undoing changes made to my computer. please help me fix it....
  6. windows update doesn't work

windows update doesn't work: hi guys thanks for help,My problem it's windows update doesn't work after enable from service and there Sentencee: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. that is screenshot:https://ibb.co/ZcPsQRL i try restart my computer but there are sentencee:...
  7. Updated to 1809 and Winrar Doesn't Work Because of Windows, Can Anyone Help?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated to 1809 and Winrar Doesn't Work Because of Windows, Can Anyone Help?: I didn't have a choice but to update to 1809, it was either I do not update and suffer BSOD every 5 minutes or update into the mess that is 1809, luckily for me BSOD has stopped ever since updating. I tried to extract a multitude of .rar files, but when I extract the file...
  8. Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet

Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet: I have an Acer tablet that is running Windows 10, 32-bit, update 1803. I have tried to update it to 1809 through ever method I could find, ISO file, update from the site, etc. Each time, the process goes through all of the normal steps, then restarts several times, but when...
  9. Windows 10 Update 1809 - Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update 1809 - Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...: Hi, hoping I may be able to get some help. My two PCs updated yesterday to 1809. One is an HP all-in-one, the other a Surface Pro 2017. I realised that the Timeline functionality had broken, entirely, on both machines. Neither machine was recording my Timeline activity. I...
  10. Clover tab explorer doesn't work with October Update - 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clover tab explorer doesn't work with October Update - 1809: Any clover user's out there? I've been using Clover 3.0.406 (the last version before it was sold to a new owner) for years on Win 10 with no issues. It looks like it finally stopped working. The tabs no longer appear in explorer in this version of windows. I even tried the...