Windows 10: Windows Update freezing

Discus and support Windows Update freezing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In windows 10, as soon as i click "check for updates" it freezes, and i cant click anything else in the menus, except to close the window... I swear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tzabcan, May 17, 2016.

1. Tzabcan Win User

Windows Update freezing

In windows 10, as soon as i click "check for updates" it freezes, and i cant click anything else in the menus, except to close the window...

I swear windows 10, is just full of problems, useless operating system. Tempted to go back to Apple again. Anyway..

Any idea how to fix this?

:)

Tzabcan, May 17, 2016
  2. EBArcade Win User

Windows 10 Update Causing Computer and Programs to Freeze

Is there a fix for the continued freezing of my PC after the Windows 10 automatic update?

My PC is continuing to freeze after the latest automatic Windows 10 update.

Word and Excel freeze for hours when trying to save content.

WIFI is interupted and disconnected.

As I am writing this post my cursor is freezing.

Help please.

EBArcade, May 17, 2016
  3. Freezing

Dell Optiplex 760 desktop freezes when window start to update, tried to let it update many times but every time it will freeze on the window logo, I tried to run diagnostic but it freezes at 5%. I remove the hard drive, put in a new hard drive and tried
    to install window from a disc but it freezes after loading files. Could this be bad power supply. It will not install the standalone KB and will not finish troubleshoot because it freezes.

halfbreedYX, May 17, 2016
  4. marsmimar Win User

Windows Update freezing

marsmimar, May 18, 2016
  5. Tzabcan Win User
    I tried this, but it fails..

Now when i go into windows update, it loads it and the menu stays blue. Literally the worst operating system i've ever used. Problem after problem, after problem.

I fresh installed windows about 2 weeks ago, and there is 0 bloatware or anything on it. I have like 6 installed programs, that's it. And it still can't run properly.

Tzabcan, May 28, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update freezing

1. Windows Update freezing - Similar Threads - Update freezing

2. microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating: Microsoft word 2010 always freezes after two or three minutes, at windows 2010 after windows updating.I did all of you said at:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/word/issues-when-start-or-use-word...
  3. microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating: Microsoft word 2010 always freezes after two or three minutes, at windows 2010 after windows updating.I did all of you said at:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/word/issues-when-start-or-use-word...
  4. microsoft word 2010 always freezes at windows 2010 after windows updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update error 0x70080020 and constant freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update error 0x70080020 and constant freezing: About 6 months ago I tried to update my windows to the latest windows 10 version but it just simply wouldn't work showing error 0x70080020. I have since literally tried absolutely everything as shown on the previous thread to this error but to no avail. I still have the same...
  6. Windows update error 0x70080020 and constant freezing

Windows update error 0x70080020 and constant freezing: About 6 months ago I tried to update my windows to the latest windows 10 version but it just simply wouldn't work showing error 0x70080020. I have since literally tried absolutely everything as shown on the previous thread to this error but to no avail. I still have the same...
  7. Windows update error 0x70080020 and constant freezing

8. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  9. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  10. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10