Windows 10: Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903

Discus and support Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 10 version 1903, all update history is missing. Is there a away to restore it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JM - Bainbridge, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903

After updating to Windows 10 version 1903, all update history is missing. Is there a away to restore it?

:)

JM - Bainbridge, Jul 3, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Mr Ed Win User
    Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

If nothing shows in update history, try clicking on 'uninstall updates'. Sometimes this list is more complete. Having said that, I have nothing new in either list. Bree

Thanks, Bree. I followed your suggestion and it worked. Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903 :)

Mr Ed, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903

Missing Update History

What version of Windows 10 does it say if you run Winver? Have you had the Features Update to version 1809? If so, that would explain the 'missing' updates. A features update installs a new version of windows, replacing your old version and any updates it had. The updates to your previous version are not relevant to the new version. That would be confirmed if your Update History includes an entry like this....

Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903 [​IMG]

3rd-party programs have their own update options, independent of Windows 10. The Microsoft Store apps, (Calculator, Photos, News, etc., and the Store itself) are by default updated automatically by the Store. This is optional and can be turned off in the Store's settings. See....

Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store | Tutorials

Bree, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903

1. Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903 - Similar Threads - Update History Missing

2. Previous Cumulative Update Missing In Update History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous Cumulative Update Missing In Update History: An update history is empty. The previous cumulative update is missing. Does it remove by itself? Is my previous cumulative update is still installed?...
  3. Previous Cumulative Update Missing In Update History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previous Cumulative Update Missing In Update History: An update history is empty. The previous cumulative update is missing. Does it remove by itself? Is my previous cumulative update is still installed?...
  4. quality update history missing after jan update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    quality update history missing after jan update: I have windows 10 verson 20H2 build 19042.746 My Quality update history has disappeared after update kb4598242 first time this has happned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quality-update-history-missing-after-jan-update/4d82fe80-da2d-48fa-bb09-6a974d574026
  5. Update History is completely missing.

Update History is completely missing.: Update History is completely missing. Has anyone else experienced this too?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-is-completely-missing/4138cdd4-8a10-442a-a04c-587af19cd5bb
  6. Windows Update History...Missing

Windows Update History...Missing: Windows 10 version 1909 Installed this update shortly after it was released.... When checking SETTINGS\Security & Update....in the past it would show the version and date that last Version Update was installed...looking at this screen today...Information is not there...No...
  7. windows 10 1903 update history

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 1903 update history: Hi, How can I view the update history on my windows 10 1903 PC - all it now shows is the last 2 months rather than the last year or so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-update-history/87841e76-c45f-4f7e-8a78-fc7f9d392614
  8. Missing file after update to Windows 10 1903

Missing file after update to Windows 10 1903: After updating to the latest version of Windows and logging in, this message immediately comes up on my desktop: RunDLL There was a problem starting C:\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. How can I find this module on my computer -- or update...
  9. Missing Update History

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missing Update History: In attempting to find information online as to what may be causing an issue with my mouse, I clicked on a link that I thought would be helpful. Instead, I ended up discovering something else. The article I was reading mentioned an update. When I went to find that update, I...
  10. Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update: Hi, I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update. (1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update history missing

2. update history missing

3. 1903 update history

4. Clear Activity History missing in 1903,
  5. windows 1903 update history,
  6. windows update history disappeared,
  7. no windows update history after installing 1903,
  8. if my computer was originally w8 can I update to 1903