Windows 10: Windows update messed up my surface

Discus and support Windows update messed up my surface in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a surface pro 4 and a surface pro 6. With the most recent updates this week, both computers malfunctioned. My pro 4 gave me trouble with GDrive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnnieBanerjee, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows update messed up my surface

I have a surface pro 4 and a surface pro 6. With the most recent updates this week, both computers malfunctioned. My pro 4 gave me trouble with GDrive. I called Gsuite administrator, and after at least 45 minutes they fixed the problem.

Next up was Surface pro 6. On my pro 6, I was working on a document that was saved to onedrive. When the update was done, that document was lost. I could see it, but not open it. After tinkering with it, I got it to open, so I copied and pasted it to a G doc.

But that document wont open in word. Also, I want my surface go back to the setting it had originally, which was the desktop setting.

I have gone to your troubleshoot option, and it does not help. The problem I have is not mentioned there.

If I cannot open a MS doc in MS Doc, why am I paying for your services?

:)

AnnieBanerjee, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows update messed up my surface

September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

Source: September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3 Surface

Brink, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows update messed up my surface

1. Windows update messed up my surface - Similar Threads - update messed surface

2. Windows Update Messed up My GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Messed up My GPU: After the latest Windows update, my GeForce RTX 3050 will not work. Windows says that is experiencing an error with the hardware. The graphics card drivers are all up to date. I even uninstalled and reinstalled them manually. I uninstalled the latest Windows update as well,...
  3. Windows Update Messed up My GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Messed up My GPU: After the latest Windows update, my GeForce RTX 3050 will not work. Windows says that is experiencing an error with the hardware. The graphics card drivers are all up to date. I even uninstalled and reinstalled them manually. I uninstalled the latest Windows update as well,...
  4. windows update messes up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update messes up my computer: Hello,I accidentally hit update and shutdown, and it messes up my computer. My computer keeps shutting down automatically without me knowing why, earlier it restarted 5x in an hour and I'm not happy with it so I revert the upsares, but it won't help. I suddenly realize that...
  5. Windows update messed my audio up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update messed my audio up: So last night I did the windows update before getting off. Everything was working completely fine, my microphone, dac amp and headphones. Now my dac amp and microphone do not work anymore. I’m assuming the blame is to be put on the windows update as this has previously...
  6. Windows update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update messed up my computer: I updated my computer 12-24-19 and ever since that update i am unable to drag windows such as a google chrome window from one screen to another with my mouse, i cant drag and move the applications on my desktop. I have checked all my drivers, ive cleaned ip my pc, I dont have...
  7. My Windows Update is totally messed up!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows Update is totally messed up!: For a cuppla days my Windows Update has been useless! Clciking on Update and security it shows Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. But clicking on Check for updates just sits there for 15 to 20 minutes with the dots running across the screen then...
  8. windows update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update messed up my computer: Windows 10 Home, version 1903, installed 7/19/2019, OS build 18362.239 Lost my video display settings and had to re-install video driver. Lost my audio settings (headphones, external audio amplifier). Took my about an hour to get it thanks to guidance from internet. Can...
  9. Windows update messed up my Pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update messed up my Pc: Computer put some updates through last night before it shut down. Upon turning it on today it flashed a grey and black screen that said Hi repeatedly for an hour. With no acess to the actual desktop i cant/couldnt do anything but restart it. Now it flashes a gray desktop over...
  10. Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Updates Mess up my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which windows update messed up surface pro screen

2. last update to wondows 10 messed up my surface

3. windows update messing up surface pro