Windows 10: Windows update on Surface book and now PIN or recognition sign in doesn't work - Grrr

Discus and support Windows update on Surface book and now PIN or recognition sign in doesn't work - Grrr in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Update yesterday on Windows 10 and then when I started up my Surface book the face recognition that I always use doesnot work and neither does the PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BMT1001, Jan 10, 2019.

1. BMT1001 Win User

Windows update on Surface book and now PIN or recognition sign in doesn't work - Grrr

Update yesterday on Windows 10 and then when I started up my Surface book the face recognition that I always use doesnot work and neither does the PIN that I use as a back up sign in method. Began to change PIN and was warned if I change PIN I may lose access to previous files etc.

What a big mess Microsoft - wish you hadn't bothered with the update ! Can anyon help o reinstate the visual recognition feature please?

:)

BMT1001, Jan 10, 2019

2. Facial Recognition problem on Surface Pro 4

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install any pending updates available and check for the status.

Also, suggest you to reset the Facial recognition by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and locate Windows Hello.
    • Select the infrared IR camera option.
    • A “Welcome to Windows Hello” box will pop up. Press the “Get Started” button.
    • Set up a PIN code if prompted to do so. If you already have one, this step will be skipped.
    • Scan your face by following the on-screen instructions. For best results, hold your face six-to-eight inches away from the front of your Surface.
    • Select “Finish” to complete scanning or choose “Improve Recognition” to continue scanning.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Windows update on Surface book and now PIN or recognition sign in doesn't work - Grrr

Asus tramsformer book T100TAF Windows 10 camera doesn`t work

On Asus tramsformer book T100TAF doesn`t work camera. It shows only a black screen.

Diana Leonova, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows update on Surface book and now PIN or recognition sign in doesn't work - Grrr

1. Windows update on Surface book and now PIN or recognition sign in doesn't work - Grrr - Similar Threads - update Surface book

2. Windows doesn't allow to set windows hello pin, fingerprint and face recognition sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't allow to set windows hello pin, fingerprint and face recognition sign in.: I am unable to set my Windows hello pin, fingerprint and face recognition. When I click on Windows hello pin, it prompts Microsoft account something went wrong. I tried several times, it shows same error....
  3. Windows doesn't allow to set windows hello pin, fingerprint and face recognition sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesn't allow to set windows hello pin, fingerprint and face recognition sign in.: I am unable to set my Windows hello pin, fingerprint and face recognition. When I click on Windows hello pin, it prompts Microsoft account something went wrong. I tried several times, it shows same error....
  4. Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working: Hello all I have a surface book 2 and all of a sudden the windows Hello camera has stopped logging me on. The acutal camera is working but Hello is not. I have tried to remove fascial data but when I try to set it back up, camera and my face comes on the screen but all...
  5. Surface Book facial recognition lets in my boyfriend too?

Surface Book facial recognition lets in my boyfriend too?: My surface book's facial recognition seems to be seriously malfunctioning. For the past maybe 6 months could be longer, my boyfriend's face quickly unlocks my computer, which we noticed when he opened my computer once to watch a movie. We look nothing at all alike but it lets...
  6. Camera doesn't work in Surface Book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera doesn't work in Surface Book: Cameras are not activated and camera drivers don't appear to be present. The error is "No Cameras are attached." How can cameras be activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-doesnt-work-in-surface-book/6ec33bcb-6865-4771-859d-4745dcf1cc49
  7. Pin to sign in doesn't work

Pin to sign in doesn't work: I need to delete an old printer but can't get into the account created for windows when I set up the pc. A window pops up saying sign in with the pin but it doesn't work. It is not the Microsoft account because I have changed it. How can I recover this pin or change it to...
  8. Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book: Hi, So I've had a Surface Book for a couple of years (Windows 10 Pro, i5 8GB / 256GB), and it has started making this God-awful eerie screeching sound whenever the volume is up. The noise goes away when the volume is lowered, and it gets louder when I raise the volume. I...
  9. facial recognition to sign into surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    facial recognition to sign into surface: I reset my OS back to the current one after the October Updates., I installed the device not in a corporate group My facial recognition is no longer working says that their are not devices to do this. How can I get the facial recognition to work again,. It is like the...
  10. Surface Book 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Book 2 now available: Surface Book 2, the most powerful Surface ever, goes on sale today! Here are the 5 things that set Surface Book 2 apart from the pack. m0WhrRIqT6Y Starting today, you can get your hands on the most powerful Surface ever, Surface Book 2. We built this Surface for people...