Windows 10: Windows Update removed all my Quick Access links

Discus and support Windows Update removed all my Quick Access links in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just run a Windows 10 update. Now I find my quick access links all GONE. Something I use daily. Now I have to stop and spend time setting this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paulanz, May 7, 2019.

1. Paulanz Win User

Windows Update removed all my Quick Access links

I have just run a Windows 10 update. Now I find my quick access links all GONE. Something I use daily. Now I have to stop and spend time setting this all back up. Why. Why would you do that? Why in the world would that disappear?

So annoying. Will this happen every update?

I did search here first. I do have File Explorer: view: options: Show recently used Folders and files ticked.

But what is missing as well are the 15 locations I have had PINNED for months.

:)

Paulanz, May 7, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 7, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 7, 2019
  4. Windows Update removed all my Quick Access links

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update removed all my Quick Access links

1. Windows Update removed all my Quick Access links - Similar Threads - Update removed Quick

2. 20H2 Install removed all my Quick Access Links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    20H2 Install removed all my Quick Access Links: 1. After installing Windows 20H2 all my Quick Access Links in File Explorer I set up in old system are gone! Is there a way to restore them from the old system? Or do I have to recreate every one manually again?...
  3. Quick Access Disappeared Links

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Disappeared Links: File Explorer Quick Access is missing all of the links I added to it, leaving only the default "desktop" "downloads" documents" and “pictures". I’ve been on hold with MS tech support for two and a half hours. Should I just give up and rebuild it? I’d also been having issues...
  4. Quick Access folder removed

Quick Access folder removed: I didn't know how to work with Quick Access and when I saw my file there - I requested file to be removed. Now I can not locate my file anywhere. Where do files go when removed from Quick Access....
  5. Quick Access links change

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access links change: I liked the Windows 7 "Links" section of the file browser. If you can tell me how to mimic the Links behavior, stop reading and provide that and that would be WONDERFUL -- Much thanks in advance. Otherwise... I am testing multiple versions of a piece of software. The...
  6. Quick access links are not showing after Windows update.

Quick access links are not showing after Windows update.: I have just run a Windows 10 update. Now I find my quick access links all GONE. Something I use daily. Now I have to stop and spend time setting this all back up. Why. Why would you do that? Why in the world would that disappear? So annoying. Will this happen every...
  7. Where are Quick Access links stored?

Where are Quick Access links stored?: I have Windows 10 1803 on my desktop, and the Quick Access shortcuts are stored in my User... Links folder. I just built a new desktop for a client and loaded 1809. Yes - I am showing Hidden Files and Folders. I pinned a few locations to Quick Access, except I messed...
  8. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  9. Removing Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick Access: I seem to be having a problem permanently removing the Quick Access option from my Windows 10 Creators Update machine (I also had this issue on the Anniversary Update install before upgrading). I get the following icon randomly appearing on my desktop: [img] and in...
  10. Quick Access Links Went AWOL

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Links Went AWOL: I don't know what happened but my quick access links are now missing in windows explorer. I tried just adding them again but nothing happens. This happened once before and I don't remember how I fixed it, but I know that it is possible. What would cause this so I can avoid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update removed my access