Windows 10: windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small

Discus and support windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 just did a major upgrade on my computer and changed all my fonts. Desktop items and menus have light small fonts that are hard for me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barbs, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Barbs Win User

windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small

Windows 10 just did a major upgrade on my computer and changed all my fonts. Desktop items and menus have light small fonts that are hard for me to read.
    Also I use Chrome and it changed the menu and bookmark fonts there also. very small and light and hard to read.
    How can I change the fonts back to the bolder fonts I was using before the upgrade?
    thank you

:)

Barbs, Jun 23, 2017

2. HOW DO I CHANGE THE DEFAULT FONT IN WINDOWS 10?

Hi,

It looks like my font changed to "times new roman". It's very straining on my eyes since the font is so small. I'm not very tech savvy and don't want to mess with my computer settings. Changing the reading view font size did nothing. Will there be an
    upgrade to fix this soon? Windows is literally destroying my consumer experience here.

Thanks.

SarahDeStefano, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Changing fonts in Windows 10, across all apps and platforms

I apologize if this is a duplicate post from me or within the community.

I upgraded to windows 10 on two pcs, at different times. Most recently, - this weekend - I upgraded and the fonts /icons on my desktop and the font on my browser tabs (firefox) and webpages is very small. I have used the magnifier, I have changed display
    to 125% (it won't go higher) and nothing changes. The font stays very small. I also tried a fix in firefox, but when I tried to change the pixels, it was a disaster!

What can I do.., why is this an issue?

Update June 8th, still waiting for a solution. I think, however that it could be a firefox issue. Does anyway have a suggestion?

Deirdre_lisa, Jun 23, 2017
  4. Hydrate Win User

This can be from a performance change made by Windows which can result from a low-end machine, to assist the user.

It looks like text visual styles like the back shadow drop on text is removed and the font being small can be from display settings being changed.

Is the rest of the screen also noticeably smaller, such as Desktop icons or buttons?

Hydrate, Jun 23, 2017
  5. Barbs Win User
    no, the desktop icons are not smaller but the text underneath is. and so are the menus. and in Chrome it is the bookmark text and menus text that is very small and light.

Barbs, Jun 23, 2017
  6. Barbs Win User
    sorry bookmark toolbar, url, etc in Chrome, all very hard to read

Barbs, Jun 23, 2017
  7. Hydrate Win User
    Would you please show us a screenshot of exactly what text is hard to read and small? *Smile

Hydrate, Jun 23, 2017
  8. Barbs Win User

I am not sure how to do that. it's the toolbars in chrome, not the web page itself. I now how to adjust those fonts. and its the menus also. I need bold fonts

Barbs, Jun 23, 2017
  9. Hydrate Win User
    I think this is what you are looking for.

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Please take a look and read the instructions by Brink. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Hydrate, Jun 23, 2017
  10. pepanee Win User
    This is exactly what you are looking for. Look at the settings that I have in that picture for the best optimal font sizes that aren't too big nor too small (assuming your resolution is: 1280x720).

Advanced System Font Changer - WinTools.Info
    (Download link is at the bottom of the page)

windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small [​IMG]

pepanee, Jun 23, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    spunk, Jun 23, 2017
  12. Barbs Win User
    perfect on the fonts for the desktop icons. Thanks so much.
    but the menu topics are still hard to read. For instance, if I right click on an icon for a menu, it is light and small and hard to read.
    And as far as chrome, the text in the address bar and the bookmarks task bar is also light and small and very hard to read. the information from Spunk does not change that unfortunately.

Barbs, Jun 23, 2017
  13. pepanee Win User

Using the app that I suggested earlier, change the Menu font to something bigger... for the right click menu

pepanee, Jun 23, 2017
  14. Barbs Win User
    Thank you. That worked well. I appreciate the help from you all.

Barbs, Jun 23, 2017
  15. pepanee Win User
    You're welcome Barbs. Hold on to that app to play around with it some more if you notice you ever needed to adjust more font sizes.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small - Similar Threads - upgrade changed fonts

2. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  3. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  4. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change the font size that my hp 4680 printer prints? It prints very small letters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the font size that my hp 4680 printer prints? It prints very small letters.: Printer was good until one day it started printing very small letters. I can not figure out how to change the printed font size. Need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-font-size-that-my-hp-4680/8e1c7bfd-0d06-4fc0-a7a7-6c35b1eee64a
  6. very small icons and very small text in taskbar,

very small icons and very small text in taskbar,: Hi ,my name is Colin i have just bought a new Dell inspiron 15 model 3585,The problem i have is tiny text and icons on task bar,and when i right click on anything that text is also so very small,i might add that in settings the text size is normal size, ease of access is of...
  7. Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small: Font sizes of received and composed messages are ok. But font size in sent messages is much smaller than when I composed that message. I prefer to have the size larger. I did not find a setting for that. Thunderbird 72.0.2 150001
  8. Font size suddenly very small

Font size suddenly very small: When I was typing an email the font size suddenly became very small within the email and within every aspect of my Windows 10. I have been unable to return it to its normal size. I cannot even respond to an email because the type is so tiny I cannot even read it. If I try to...
  9. Command prompt's font very small, can't change back

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt's font very small, can't change back: This happened after the fall update. It's not a big deal as I can still read it, but it's annoying. [img] 31988
  10. How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts: When I connect to an external monitor (LG 34 inch Ultra via HDMI), my laptop folder fonts (only when attaching a file to email, uploading files etc.) are VERY small. To get them the right size, I have to make the laptop the main monitor and that makes the external monitors...