Windows 10: Windows version 1903 phone modem issues

Discus and support Windows version 1903 phone modem issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Woke up this morning to find that Windows version 1903 had installed itself. Also discovered that none of my phone modems would again not work with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Imsai8080, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Imsai8080 Win User

Windows version 1903 phone modem issues

Woke up this morning to find that Windows version 1903 had installed itself. Also discovered that none of my phone modems would again not work with a program that I use to detect and block robocallers. Tried changing ports, adding initialization strings, trying different drivers with no luck.

I eventually ended up going back to my prior version of Windows, and of course, everything began working well.

I thought I was an expert at getting phone modems to work every time a new version of Windows screws things up, but I have no idea what happened this time.

Seems that there is now no way to stop Windows from auto-"upgrading", as there was in the past.

Are we all doomed to "Obsolescense by software"?

Just curious if there is anyone else out there that found the same.

:)

Imsai8080, Jul 23, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

DOCSIS 3.0 modem with phone line?

I'm thinking about buying my own modem for a few reasons:

1. Upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0, the modem I have from them is 2.0
    2. Eliminate the monthly rental fee.

Time Warner has a official supported modem list on their site, but none of them have phone lines like my current modem does, and then there's this little tidbit: if you choose to purchase your own modem, you will need another device from them to use their phone service, as none of the modems on their list have phone lines (including the modem I am currently using, from them, that does have phone lines on it). It seems they are trying to get their monthly equipment fee regardless if you have their modem or your own.

Considering my modem isn't on their list and it has phone lines on it, and I don't have a second box from them for the phone, I'm thinking ANY modem should work, whether it's on their list or not.

So, I'm looking for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that has phone lines on it, any recommendations? I don't mind if the modem is also a router, provided I have full control over it as I would with my current router.

3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows version 1903 phone modem issues - Similar Threads - version 1903 phone

2. Bluetooth issues Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth issues Windows 10 version 1903: I can't connect to bluetooth. I've tried help from internet, but none worked. Processor Intel Core i5-4210U 1.70ghz 64-bit Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA084 Asus, 64-bit...
  3. Issues installing version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues installing version 1903: Hello, I have an old Lenovo G570 that came with Windows 7. A few years ago I upgraded it to W10. Now, for a few months I've been trying to install the Windows Update version 1903 but it get stuck at 60% and then it uninstall again. I have 25 GB of free space and 4GB RAM....
  4. Updating to version 1903. - issue.

Updating to version 1903. - issue.: I have been trying to update to version 1903 for quite some time, & I am now getting this error message displayed:- "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  5. Windows 10 version 1903 issue

Windows 10 version 1903 issue: Dear Sir, I would like to know why since my laptop went on its Windows update and now is v.1903, the Game GTA V is now too much lagging. Before the update everything was okay and smooth until the update happened the GTA V became like that. Also after the update, my laptop...
  6. WIndows Update Issue with Audio version 1903

WIndows Update Issue with Audio version 1903: I saw some forums saying to download this patch https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4505903/windows-10-update-kb4505903 , But it didn't let me install the patch? I tried X64 & Arm64. I'm having issues, with low volume, when playing Games, Youtube, etc. Whenever i play...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1903 Issues

Windows 10 Version 1903 Issues: So I updated to Version 1903 due to wanting to subscribe to the Xbox Game Pass Beta on PC. Upon completion, I noticed some issues right off the bat. For example.. -My boot-up time at least doubled -My performance was dragging & was slow when doing stuff such as launching...
  8. Performance Issues on Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Issues on Windows 10 version 1903: Recently I have updated my pc onto Windows 10 version 1903 os build 18362.175. I have noticed that windows is using more Ram and CPU. Is this a problem that faced by you? what's the solution? PC config: CPU- Intel I5 7200U GPU- Nvidia 920mx Ram- 8GB HDD- 1Tb...
  9. Version 1903 display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Version 1903 display issue: By default my monitor's gamma is far too low for my liking and its in built gamma options literally don't do anything so within windows I went through the "calibrate display colour" steps and increased the gamma, problem solved. However since I updated to 1903 a very weird...
  10. Phone Modem stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phone Modem stopped working: I Recently found that my external USB modem has stopped working while trying to send a FAX. It also will not work with the PhoneTray telemarketer blocking system. I then purchased a new Hiro external USB modem that is supposed to work with Windows 10, but it also does not...