Windows 10: $Windows.~WS folder deleting

Discus and support $Windows.~WS folder deleting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello I tried to download win10 twice with media tool but it reached ~75% and then its just gone without any error ... however this is not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by syrioust, Jul 31, 2015.

1. syrioust Win User

$Windows.~WS folder deleting

hello
    I tried to download win10 twice with media tool but it reached ~75% and then its just gone without any error ... however this is not the problem
    I think the downloaded 75% are still stored on my C drive because i have a folder called $Windows.~WS its empty (there is folder called Source but also empty) but 5.26 GB in size (invisible data)
    i want to delete it to save some space but im afraid that "get windows 10 app" is downloading in it and i dont want to delete it ( im still waiting for the notification though)
    so 1) is get windows 10 app downloading? knowing im still waiting the notification?

2) if 1 = true how to delete the media tool failed downloads?
    else if 1=false is it safe to delete the whole folder?
    sorry for the long "life story" but i have to give my sitrep
    thanks

:)

syrioust, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

$Windows.~WS folder deleting

1. $Windows.~WS folder deleting - Similar Threads - $Windows ~WS folder

2. Windows ws reset error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows ws reset error: can someone help me with ws reset purge error i cant open any microsoft apps or microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ws-reset-error/27bf89d5-203d-461c-a692-42d92adef176
  3. Printer WS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer WS: All I know is WS stands for “web services” for printing devices. Everyone says it was provided by Microsoft. I have two printer icons one has WS and the other does not have WS. What is the Printer WS for? What does it do? Thank you in advance....
  4. Canon MX880 shows as FAX WS, not Printer WS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon MX880 shows as FAX WS, not Printer WS: Adding a Canon MX 882 to my network shows it as a FAX WS on my ASUS Laptop And as a Printer WS on my Microsoft Surface. I need it to show as a printer on the ASUS for my wife to use....
  5. How to delete $WINDOWS. ~BT and $WINDOWS. ~WS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete $WINDOWS. ~BT and $WINDOWS. ~WS: I'm having a hard time deleting these. Can you help me with it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-windows-bt-and-windows-ws/f8114f56-c673-427c-b203-04d69552d0ea"
  6. New Windows 10 folders, $WINDOWS.~BT and $Windows.~WS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows 10 folders, $WINDOWS.~BT and $Windows.~WS: Upgraded Windows 8.1 then clean install. No problems, activated. Was checking my C: drive and the folders $WINDOWS.~BT and $Windows.~WS have appeared. There is an install.esd there dated 9th of August. Any ideas what's going on? Service Release 1? Francis...
  7. $Windows.~WS ? ? ?

$Windows.~WS ? ? ?: Does anybody know what the $Windows.~WS file is and can it be removed? It's not removed when you do "disc clean of system files". Any ideas *Cool 11272
  8. $Windows.~BT & -WS file folders & best way for a fresh install

$Windows.~BT & -WS file folders & best way for a fresh install: I discovered today that these 2 file folders were installed on my HP 6000 Pro Win10 computer --- I plan on waiting to see how long it will take for them to naturally be automatically removed --- After reviewing the rest of this post, if it makes sense to get rid of them...
  9. "$Windows.~WS" folder safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    "$Windows.~WS" folder safe to delete?: Hi, so I know this folder is somehow related to windows update / windows 10 updates. I'd like to delete it, as it's taking up 5.76GB of space on the C drive. It appeared a few days after I installed Windows 10. Can I go ahead and axe it? Or is there something else I should...
  10. Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?: Does $Windows.~WS need to be left in place for anything, e.g. 'Reset this PC', or can it be safely deleted? Thanks. 9407